HSX Forum

Movies

True, but given the current price, I personally feel there is less downside risk with a lot more upside room {nm}

Posted by: xiayun on Sep 06, 13:02 in response to Juiced's post good to know. 20m is still a bit aways from 30 though.

mtc9/9 30 contagion 8 warrior 5.5 Bucky 1 creature {nm} notfabio Sep 06, 10:42

30? Woah! That's a big number. 8 Seems low for warrior too. Juiced Sep 06, 10:46

Warrior has some problems for opening weekend IMO - there's no compelling reason to see it OW, the MMA subject matter will deter non-MMA RogerMore Sep 06, 11:19

I think you might be right. Non MMA fans will probably wait to for the WOM. {nm} Juiced Sep 06, 11:20

The BOM poll for Contagion is pretty strong, 28.5% OW interest; should correspond to a 20m opening minimum {nm} xiayun Sep 06, 11:43

good to know. 20m is still a bit aways from 30 though. {nm} Juiced Sep 06, 12:55

True, but given the current price, I personally feel there is less downside risk with a lot more upside room xiayun Sep 06, 13:02

The way the last few weeks have gone, I think any suprises are possible! {nm} Juiced Sep 06, 13:20

Bucky 5.5 ? Is that for 4 weeks? {nm} mrbinns Sep 06, 10:58

I wish {nm} tribefan695 Sep 06, 10:59

What is "creature"... ? {nm} Facto Sep 06, 11:05

self distributed horror film starring horror vet sid haig. currently without a moviestock. islander Sep 06, 11:11

Sorry, but what does MTC stand for? I know BOM, and I've seen MTC around here a few times but I don't know that one yet. {nm} Ruthian23 Sep 06, 11:52

Major Theater Chain, presumably it's some major movie retailer's advanced tracking numbers. {nm} stevie1der328 Sep 06, 12:14

Thanks. {nm} Ruthian23 Sep 06, 12:52

MTC doesn't forecast limited release movies so Creature must be going wide, right? {nm} HarryWarden Sep 06, 12:38

Is there even a stock for that movie? {nm} Dorfman Sep 06, 13:48

Nope. {nm} HarryWarden Sep 06, 13:52

Yahoo! Movies has it listed under limited (as of 8/30), but I could have sworn I saw the other day that it was opening wide somewhere. Ruthian23 Sep 06, 14:33

Tagging MTC: [CONTG] [WARIR] [BTBAS] {nm} accountant_4_Jesus Sep 06, 14:49

Creature maybe coming out in 2000 theaters. Ads say in theaters everywhere, but when listed it says limited. Bubble Factory release so... {nm} MovieMavericks Sep 08, 13:19

Box Office Mojo just got confirmation that Creature is in 1507 theaters. {nm} MovieMavericks Sep 08, 13:24





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


Wildwood - Opening Weekend (WILDW.OW) 100000 10.00 (0.00)          Wildwood H$10 Call (WILDW.CA) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Klara and the Sun H$10 Put (KLARA.PU) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Klara and the Sun - Opening Week (KLARA.OW) 100000 10.00 (0.00)          Klara and the Sun H$10 Call (KLARA.CA) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Clayface H$25 Put (CLAYF.PU) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Clayface - Opening Weekend (CLAYF.OW) 100000 25.00 (0.00)          Klara and the Sun H$10 Put (KLARA.PU) 10000 2.00 (0.00)          Clayface H$25 Call (CLAYF.CA) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Ali G: Who Iz I? - Opening Weeke (ALIG2.OW) 100000 5.00 (0.00)          The Night House (NITHS) 150000 8.00 (0.00)          Clayface H$25 Call (CLAYF.CA) 10000 2.00 (0.00)          Daniel and The Fiery Furnace (DANIL) 150000 8.03 (-0.06)          Wildwood H$10 Call (WILDW.CA) 10000 2.00 (0.00)          Rupert Everett (REVER) 25000 3.54 (+0.04)          Wildwood - Opening Weekend (WILDW.OW) 10000 10.00 (0.00)          Klara and the Sun - Opening Week (KLARA.OW) 10000 10.00 (0.00)          Regina Hall (RHALL) 24999 62.26 (+0.99)          The Night House (NITHS) 150000 8.00 (0.00)          Clayface - Opening Weekend (CLAYF.OW) 10000 25.00 (0.00)          Ali G: Who Iz I? - Opening Weeke (ALIG2.OW) 100000 5.00 (0.00)          Ali G: Who Iz I? - Opening Weeke (ALIG2.OW) 10000 5.00 (0.00)          Other Mommy - Opening Weekend (IATHS.OW) 100000 28.50 (-0.62)          Other Mommy - Opening Weekend (IATHS.OW) 100000 28.50 (-0.62)          The Night House (NITHS) 10000 8.00 (0.00)          Clayface H$25 Put (CLAYF.PU) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Clayface - Opening Weekend (CLAYF.OW) 100000 25.00 (0.00)          Clayface H$25 Call (CLAYF.CA) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Klara and the Sun H$10 Put (KLARA.PU) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Klara and the Sun - Opening Week (KLARA.OW) 100000 10.00 (0.00)          Klara and the Sun H$10 Call (KLARA.CA) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Wildwood H$10 Call (WILDW.CA) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Wildwood - Opening Weekend (WILDW.OW) 100000 10.00 (0.00)          Ally (ALLY) 2868 17.27 (-0.02)          Wildwood H$10 Put (WILDW.PU) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Lukas Gage (LGAGE) 25000 22.31 (0.00)          Ali G: Who Iz I? (ALIG2) 150000 16.95 (-0.64)          Lil Rel Howery (LRHOW) 25000 35.27 (+0.13)          Paddington 4 (PADT4) 150000 34.44 (-0.24)          Paddington 4 (PADT4) 150000 34.44 (-0.24)          Lil Rel Howery (LRHOW) 25000 35.27 (+0.13)          Clayface H$25 Call (CLAYF.CA) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Broadsword (BROSW) 25000 38.59 (+0.12)          Drummer Boy (DRUMB) 150000 9.72 (-0.26)          Drummer Boy (DRUMB) 150000 9.72 (-0.26)          Bluey the Movie (BLUEY) 15000 153.70 (+0.36)          Tiffany Haddish (THADD) 25000 51.12 (-0.33)          Other Mommy - Opening Weekend (IATHS.OW) 100000 28.50 (-0.62)          Other Mommy H$25 Call (IATHS.CA) 25000 3.99 (+0.14)          Clayface H$25 Call (CLAYF.CA) 1 2.00 (0.00)