HSX Forum

Movies

I also think the film was a progressive portrayal of Jews. How often do you see a real tough guy Jew?

Posted by: tawdryhepburn on Oct 10, 14:10 in response to Antibody's post THR: A Michigan woman sued FilmDistrict over misleading...

Without a semblance of Woody Allen to him? Perlman 's character breaks a lot of stereotypes. Plus, as a Jew, I am fond of the word K***, it's so rarely used. Might even be more scandalized than the N-bomb.

One time in high school, a kid called me a K*** and I knocked him out cold. The administraters suspended me for one day and expelled him from the district. Of course, the kid had been doing stuff like that for a long time.

THR: A Michigan woman sued FilmDistrict over misleading [DRIVE] trailer Antibody Oct 10, 10:12

that's insane. LuCiFeR Oct 10, 10:34

And how did she miss all the violence in the trailer. I don't remember any shotguns in the Fast and Furious trailers. {nm} Vashta Nerada Oct 10, 10:36

Terrible movie. If anything, the trailer made it look way better than it actually was {nm} HarryWarden Oct 10, 10:41

You are, in some ways, my favourite "contrarian" on these forums.. :-) Facto Oct 11, 02:39

I hope she wins so that Hollywood will give pause before releasing more of these bait and switch trailers. {nm} LonePirate Oct 10, 11:05

All marketing and advertsing is misleading. What makes this case any worse? islander Oct 10, 11:23

This was one of the most egregious cases in recent history. It is a good first test case as any other given the false content implications. {nm} LonePirate Oct 10, 11:31

Agreed. Also, I give the woman some credit since she's apparently just suing for the price of her ticket and for the practice to stop, not Ruthian23 Oct 10, 11:40

It's tricky. I rewatched the trailer. Never says "like fast and furious" or any buzzwords like high octane or thrill ride. Also, the music! {nm} islander Oct 10, 11:51

I actually saw Drive without checking out the trailer since I know Refn {nm} tawdryhepburn Oct 10, 13:28

*know Refn's work. But I was shocked when I saw it later. The trailer isn't inaccurate. It gives away EVERYTHING! {nm} tawdryhepburn Oct 10, 13:29

Just what "false content" was in Drive's trailer? EVERYTHING that was in the trailer was in the movie, even the music! {nm} tribefan695 Oct 10, 14:05

I'd join that lawsuit. I was surprised there wasn't one after the Predators trailer grossly exaggerated the number of predators. {nm} ceregon Oct 10, 11:16

I'm going to sue Warner for the lost time on, and insulting everyones intelligence in Inception AND Suckerpunch ! {nm} JMT-NL Oct 10, 11:55

I also think the film was a progressive portrayal of Jews. How often do you see a real tough guy Jew? tawdryhepburn Oct 10, 14:10





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


Zachary Levi (ZLEVI) 25000 18.09 (-0.79)          The Night House (NITHS) 67595 8.00 (0.00)          Once Upon a Time in the Middle E (OUATM) 150000 0.55 (-0.01)          Paul Walter Hauser (PWHAU) 25000 94.79 (-1.25)          Portrait of an Artist: Stephen C (POASC) 150000 1.35 (-0.01)          Fjord (FJORD) 150000 4.81 (-0.02)          Fjord (FJORD) 150000 4.81 (-0.02)          Fjord (FJORD) 150000 4.81 (-0.02)          Sandra Bullock (SBULL) 25000 85.24 (+1.28)          Your Mother Your Mother Your Mot (YOURM) 150000 8.18 (-0.18)          Your Mother Your Mother Your Mot (YOURM) 150000 8.18 (-0.18)          Paul Greengrass (PGREE) 25000 65.89 (+1.21)          The Night House (NITHS) 150000 8.00 (0.00)          The Night House (NITHS) 50000 8.00 (0.00)          Owen Wilson (OWILS) 25000 20.82 (-0.62)          Death Stranding (DSTRN) 28000 19.85 (+0.74)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 40000 117.46 (+4.23)          Obey (OBEY) 40000 20.29 (+3.19)          The Social Reckoning H$20 Call (SOCI2.CA) 25000 1.08 (-0.12)          Clayface - Opening Weekend (CLAYF.OW) 100000 25.00 (0.00)          The Social Reckoning - Opening W (SOCI2.OW) 100000 14.64 (-0.31)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 25000 117.46 (+4.23)          Clayface - Opening Weekend (CLAYF.OW) 100000 25.00 (0.00)          Last Friday (FRID4) 150000 5.56 (+0.91)          Last Friday (FRID4) 150000 5.56 (+0.91)          Obey (OBEY) 49000 20.29 (+3.19)          Wildwood - Opening Weekend (WILDW.OW) 100000 10.00 (0.00)          Michael Fassbender (MFASS) 25000 20.50 (-0.13)          Lee Pace (LPACE) 25000 73.07 (-1.26)          Klara and the Sun - Opening Week (KLARA.OW) 100000 10.00 (0.00)          Wildwood - Opening Weekend (WILDW.OW) 100000 10.00 (0.00)          Wildwood H$10 Put (WILDW.PU) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Wildwood H$10 Call (WILDW.CA) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Klara and the Sun H$10 Put (KLARA.PU) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Klara and the Sun H$10 Call (KLARA.CA) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Clayface H$25 Put (CLAYF.PU) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Katherine Waterston (KWATE) 25000 6.21 (+0.29)          Joey King (JOKIN) 25000 92.11 (-0.50)          Wildwood H$10 Put (WILDW.PU) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Wildwood H$10 Call (WILDW.CA) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 150000 60.70 (+0.58)          Wildwood - Opening Weekend (WILDW.OW) 100000 10.00 (0.00)          Klara and the Sun H$10 Put (KLARA.PU) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Klara and the Sun H$10 Call (KLARA.CA) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Chris Pine (CPINE) 25000 40.87 (+0.34)          The Great Beyond aka Ghostwriter (ACRNS) 150000 93.29 (-0.75)          Klara and the Sun - Opening Week (KLARA.OW) 100000 10.00 (0.00)          Clayface H$25 Put (CLAYF.PU) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Clayface H$25 Call (CLAYF.CA) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Klara and the Sun (KLARA) 150000 23.43 (-0.31)