HSX Forum

Movies

Midnights are lagging way behind the previous two films, and there's no IMAX $$ this time. nm

Posted by: robineau on Nov 17, 06:59 in response to Ruthian23's post What makes you say that?

BO's estimates are up- TWLI4 150 (Fandango says more than 3000 showings sold out), HPYF2 42.5 (only 1% of daily sales on Fandango) Paul2k Nov 16, 14:28

I don't know where they're getting their figures. That's waaaaay too high for TWLI4. nm robineau Nov 16, 14:55

What makes you say that? {nm} Ruthian23 Nov 16, 15:13

Midnights are lagging way behind the previous two films, and there's no IMAX $$ this time. nm robineau Nov 17, 06:59

They make their estimates based off of, among other things, twitter and facebook tracking for which they have identified historical trends. {nm} Paul2k Nov 16, 15:21

I disagree. {nm} PVL Admin (Rocket123) Nov 16, 15:40

As much as I think it will be around $150M, there is more potential upside by shorting the OW at present, therefore I have done so. accountant_4_Jesus Nov 16, 15:43

Thanks for bringing up the derivatives; I had completely spaced on them and forgotten their strike prices. Adjusted accordingly. {nm} Paul2k Nov 16, 15:51

You disappoint me Paul... {nm} PRodQuanta Nov 16, 15:52

Happens even to the best of us, don't it? ;) {nm} accountant_4_Jesus Nov 16, 15:54

I agree. {nm} PVL Admin (Rocket123) Nov 16, 17:43

$150m is very realistic; the OW won't decrease from the second one, although I don't see it breaking the OW record either xiayun Nov 16, 17:08

Nice to have you back, xia. How was Hawaii? {nm} Paul2k Nov 16, 17:10

I'm still here! Just arrived at Maui; it's been wonderful, even better than my high expectation {nm} xiayun Nov 16, 17:30

I agree. {nm} PVL Admin (Rocket123) Nov 16, 17:44

I abstain. {nm} PRodQuanta Nov 16, 23:30





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


Fear the Reaper (FREPR) 150000 14.33 (+4.33)          Ghost Rider (GHSRD) 10000 159.13 (+0.76)          Honeymoon / Funeral (HNYMF) 150000 9.20 (+0.02)          Honeymoon / Funeral (HNYMF) 150000 9.20 (+0.02)          Wildwood - Opening Weekend (WILDW.OW) 100000 10.95 (-0.44)          Clay (CLAY) 10000 114.52 (-0.30)          Spaceballs: The New One (SPCB2) 3000 151.15 (+0.65)          Clayface - Opening Weekend (CLAYF.OW) 100000 27.95 (-0.29)          Spaceballs: The New One (SPCB2) 3000 151.15 (+0.65)          Fear the Reaper (FREPR) 1694 14.33 (+4.33)          Klara and the Sun - Opening Week (KLARA.OW) 100000 8.84 (+0.14)          The Batman: Part II (TBAT2) 3000 283.57 (+1.36)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 131978 50.00 (0.00)          Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (li (TMNT5) 4000 76.08 (+0.97)          Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mu (TMNT4) 5000 69.18 (-0.14)          Ali G: Who Iz I? (ALIG2) 150000 10.43 (-3.69)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 150000 57.16 (-3.38)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 150000 50.00 (0.00)          Fear the Reaper (FREPR) 150000 14.33 (+4.33)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 49914 50.00 (0.00)          Game of Thrones: Aegon’s Conqu (GOTAC) 2000 137.09 (+1.04)          The Rule of Three (RULO3) 10000 16.35 (+1.87)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 150000 50.00 (0.00)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 150000 50.00 (0.00)          Clay (CLAY) 20000 114.52 (-0.30)          In a Violent Nature 2 (IAVN2) 150000 2.37 (+0.30)          In a Violent Nature 2 (IAVN2) 150000 2.37 (+0.30)          A Prayer for the Dying (APFTD) 150000 0.23 (0.00)          Fjord (FJORD) 150000 3.77 (-0.15)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 150000 50.00 (0.00)          The Beast (TBEAS) 150000 1.60 (-0.07)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 10 120.86 (+0.13)          Transformers 8 (TFRM8) 30 47.40 (-0.28)          A Prayer for the Dying (APFTD) 150000 0.23 (0.00)          Angel and the Badman (ANBAD) 100 7.34 (-1.21)          Fjord (FJORD) 150000 3.77 (-0.15)          10 Lives (10LIV) 100 1.42 (+0.02)          The Beast (TBEAS) 150000 1.60 (-0.07)          Fear the Reaper (FREPR) 100 14.33 (+4.33)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 150000 50.00 (0.00)          Fear the Reaper (FREPR) 149997 14.33 (+4.33)          Fear the Reaper (FREPR) 3 14.33 (+4.33)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 12724 50.00 (0.00)          In a Violent Nature 2 (IAVN2) 150000 2.37 (+0.30)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 12724 50.00 (0.00)          In a Violent Nature 2 (IAVN2) 150000 2.37 (+0.30)          Owen Wilson (OWILS) 25000 19.84 (-0.10)          F.A.S.T. (FAST) 3000 50.17 (+0.10)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 150000 50.00 (0.00)          Top Gun 3 (TOPG3) 30000 168.59 (+0.87)