HSX Forum

Movies

um..lol I dumped JB23 so I can buy TWLI5. Makes sense. {nm}

Posted by: geckoidol on Nov 12, 22:34 in response to Gavin's post another reason and this is only a maybe is that some...

Why is Hobbit dropping like a rock in a pond the exchange!? geckoidol Nov 12, 21:12

(sadly shaking my head) I've had to erase what I started to type, several times. {nm} edzep - Port Monkey! Nov 12, 21:41

You need to keep up with current events and not pop in once a week to ask why your stock is going in a direction you don't like. {nm} PVL Admin Nov 12, 21:53

I check in every day. I look at the news associated with HOBBIT. I found nothing new. What am I missing? {nm} geckoidol Nov 12, 21:59

Every day, you say? You need to pay A LOT closer attention then... see IM These are not short threads! PVL Admin Nov 12, 22:06

Go back at least the last 10 pages, as this one has been brought up many times. Also see me answer below. Regards Gavin {nm} Gavin Nov 12, 22:08

I suspect he's too busy keeping lean and mean.. :-) {nm} Facto Nov 12, 23:13

Idol, the thing is that all three sneaky little hobbitzesss were priced as if they were July openers, but then someone reminded the exchange Facto Nov 12, 23:16

That's not case either as Hobbit 3, opening in July is also dropping like a rock {nm} thatpj Nov 13, 11:14

Agreed, the people dumping that one are either fools or need the cash for other near-term investments {nm} BSmurf Nov 13, 11:43

These day traders and idiots swear this movie will bomb with only an $80M opening, I say, "Nay!" However, you should know how to play the He was robbing me, raping me! Nov 13, 09:36

Geckoidol! {nm} Facto Nov 12, 21:53

Good question. It is dropping because enough traders believe that it cannot open to anymore then $80 because no other movie in history has.. Gavin Nov 12, 22:05

Guys thanks. geckoidol Nov 12, 22:12

My earnings that I posted are YTD from 1/1/2012. {nm} geckoidol Nov 12, 22:13

NOT a good question. Hours later, so now, I will comment... edzep - Port Monkey! Nov 13, 04:10

Maybe It is Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn stock effect!! {nm} mike255 Nov 12, 22:16

another reason and this is only a maybe is that some ports may be dumping stocks like HOBBIT to buy TWLI5, and then this has a flow on... Gavin Nov 12, 22:23

um..lol I dumped JB23 so I can buy TWLI5. Makes sense. geckoidol Nov 12, 22:34

Seriously, I have oceanfront property in the himalayas to sell you. {nm} He was robbing me, raping me! Nov 13, 10:01

Skyfall is taking a beating on sell off!! {nm} mike255 Nov 12, 22:33

Who ever shorted the stock is banking!!! geckoidol Nov 12, 22:40

Again!!! Don't talk about current stock movements. {nm} PVL Admin Nov 13, 16:25

In a galaxy, far, far away, there are no Hobitses to be found. There is, however a Jedi that looks suspiciously, like Golem. {nm} elchan Nov 13, 07:10

The short answer is that many expect it to drop severely in upfront interest from LOTR. Several sites are predicting ~ $80m for the opening, ShawnMR Nov 13, 08:58

Math: BSmurf Nov 13, 10:33

Why do people always talk about runtimes? thatpj Nov 13, 11:20

Avengers: 2h 22m - opened in summer. Titanic did not make spectacular numbers EVER. Just steady $20M gains for weeks and weeks. BSmurf Nov 13, 11:35

And: BSmurf Nov 13, 11:42

Pretty much agreed. I get the desire to be conservative here, but there's a reason no movie has opened over $80 million in Dec: because ShawnMR Nov 13, 18:56

ROTK was 3 hrs 20 minutes and posted the 7th biggest OW in history back in 2003 -- all without opening on Friday. {nm} ShawnMR Nov 13, 18:49





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


Last Meals (LMEAL) 149999 2.92 (-0.03)          Rush Hour 4 (RUSH4) 1 14.72 (-0.08)          Rush Hour 4 (RUSH4) 1 14.72 (-0.08)          La Bola Negra (LBNEG) 1 3.89 (-0.13)          Rolling Loud: The Movie (RLOUD) 1 1.66 (-0.09)          Rolling Loud: The Movie (RLOUD) 1 1.66 (-0.09)          The Rule of Three (RULO3) 66531 15.00 (0.00)          The Beast (TBEAS) 1 1.91 (-0.06)          The Beast (TBEAS) 1 1.91 (-0.06)          Once Upon a Time in the Middle E (OUATM) 1 0.47 (-0.03)          Once Upon a Time in the Middle E (OUATM) 1 0.47 (-0.03)          Crazy Rich Asians 2 (CRAS2) 1 14.22 (-1.97)          Crazy Rich Asians 2 (CRAS2) 1 14.22 (-1.97)          Crazy Rich Asians 2 (CRAS2) 150000 14.22 (-1.97)          The Rule of Three (RULO3) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          Elizabeth Banks (EBANK) 25000 47.75 (-0.16)          The Matrix 5 (MTRX5) 150000 33.34 (+3.02)          The Matrix 5 (MTRX5) 150000 33.34 (+3.02)          John Turturro (JTURT) 25000 59.53 (-0.16)          Crazy Rich Asians 2 (CRAS2) 150000 14.22 (-1.97)          Callina Liang (CLIAN) 25000 29.53 (0.00)          Old Friends New Friends (OFNF) 150000 11.44 (+0.83)          Old Friends New Friends (OFNF) 150000 11.44 (+0.83)          The Rule of Three (RULO3) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 150000 57.55 (-1.55)          The Night House (NITHS) 150000 7.81 (-0.19)          Sicario 3 (SICA3) 150000 15.04 (-0.42)          Crazy Rich Asians 2 (CRAS2) 150000 14.22 (-1.97)          How to Train Your Dragon 2 (HTTY2) 1 209.51 (-0.33)          Crazy Rich Asians 2 (CRAS2) 100000 14.22 (-1.97)          The Rule of Three (RULO3) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          Clayface - Opening Weekend (CLAYF.OW) 50000 27.46 (+2.46)          The Rule of Three (RULO3) 10000 15.00 (0.00)          The Night House (NITHS) 150000 7.81 (-0.19)          Savage Hunters aka Deathstroke & (DSTRK) 150000 42.38 (+4.51)          Priscilla: Queen of the Desert 2 (APQD2) 150000 3.10 (-0.12)          Priscilla: Queen of the Desert 2 (APQD2) 150000 3.10 (-0.12)          Live Like That (LVLKT) 150000 13.09 (-0.38)          Live Like That (LVLKT) 150000 13.09 (-0.38)          Clayface H$25 Put (CLAYF.PU) 10000 1.67 (-0.33)          Rainbow Six (RNBW6) 150000 10.58 (-0.16)          Rainbow Six (RNBW6) 150000 10.58 (-0.16)          Clayface H$25 Put (CLAYF.PU) 10000 1.67 (-0.33)          Kenneth Branagh (KBRAN) 25000 109.77 (-0.33)          Nasty (NASTY) 150000 11.57 (+0.83)          Wildwood - Opening Weekend (WILDW.OW) 100000 11.06 (+1.06)          Savage Hunters aka Deathstroke & (DSTRK) 150000 42.38 (+4.51)          Clayface - Opening Weekend (CLAYF.OW) 10000 27.46 (+2.46)          Crazy Rich Asians 2 (CRAS2) 150000 14.22 (-1.97)          Klara and the Sun - Opening Week (KLARA.OW) 100000 8.97 (-1.03)