HSX Forum

Movies

Oscar options

Posted by: tick1970 on Feb 19, 05:06

What, if any surprises at this year's Oscars are most likely? Hathaway seems a lock, maybe also Tommy Lee Jones, but the others are not a done deal, especially with the Argo momentum at the moment.

Thnk an outside shot of Ang Lee  A3DALE for Director due to the lack of Ben Affleck in the category they may want to punish Spielberg A3DSSP for some reason

 

cheers

 

Mike aka tick1970 aka theoscarpool.com

Oscar options tick1970 Feb 19, 05:06

I would be on board with ALEE winning, wasn't really blown away by ABE. If anything the Best Actress category seems to be the most open... {nm} slappydavid Feb 19, 05:13

I think there are cases for 4 of the 5 directors nominated, both on the merits and on voter rationales. second gary Feb 19, 06:34

I don't know if "punish" is the word, but I think that ALEE did an awesome job. An ALEE/ ARGO parlay would keep alive the ALEE rule... Buy BONDS 20 Feb 19, 06:55

Personally, I never found Private Ryan was deserving of an Oscar. To me, it was like watching a game of Doom/Quake, but set in WWII. elchan Feb 19, 07:04

Lol - wouldn't go that far but good point. I think Shakespeare in Love is actually a good film. Great script. {nm} numbersix_99 Feb 19, 07:23

I think the opening scene is what locked in the win for Private Ryan. bloopster Feb 19, 12:04

The clarity of the bridge siege scene near the end is a typical magnificent extended Spielberg scene, with multiple POVs... second gary Feb 19, 13:47

That opening scene did deserve some award but the rest of the movie was average at best {nm} JDolphin Feb 19, 13:54

2 BILLION!!! Woo Hoo!!! - (I actually barely made it yesterday, but I wanted to make sure it stuck :) ) {nm} JDolphin Feb 19, 13:55

Oops this was supposed to me a new post - hope Antibody doesn't yell at me for reposting it above {nm} JDolphin Feb 19, 13:56

How is Tommy Lee Jones a big of a lock as Anne Hathaway again? {nm} thatpj Feb 19, 09:54





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


The Masque Of The Red Death (MOTRD) 40000 15.61 (+0.01)          Robert Downey Jr. (RDOWN) 1 223.82 (0.00)          Frozen III (FROZ3) 2000 347.90 (+0.25)          Hal (HALD) 5 6.48 (+0.92)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 2 18.51 (+0.67)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 2 18.51 (+0.67)          Kockroach (KOCKR) 40000 14.11 (+0.01)          Avengers: Doomsday (AVNG5) 12 662.13 (+0.25)          Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBTQ) 20000 28.02 (+0.07)          G.I. Joe (GIJO4) 3 36.12 (+0.81)          Adria Arjona (AARJO) 2 7.54 (+0.10)          Rode to Ruin (RODTR) 100 13.42 (+1.03)          You Can See Everything (YCSET) 150000 8.16 (+0.06)          G.I. Joe (GIJO4) 150000 36.12 (+0.81)          Winter of the Crow (WOTCR) 150000 0.35 (+0.02)          The Beast (TBEAS) 1000 4.02 (0.00)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 100000 43.22 (-0.15)          Portrait of an Artist: Stephen C (POASC) 150000 1.43 (+0.02)          Once Upon a Time in the Middle E (OUATM) 150000 0.60 (0.00)          Musk (MUSK) 150000 3.64 (+0.10)          Verity - Opening Weekend (VERTY.OW) 100000 29.69 (+0.10)          Misty Green (MSTYG) 10000 8.14 (-0.01)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 150000 58.02 (-0.26)          Love of Your Life (LOYLF) 150000 2.09 (+0.02)          Paper Tiger (PTIGR) 360 32.99 (0.00)          Hercules (HRCUL) 30000 15.70 (+0.92)          Hercules (HRCUL) 150000 15.70 (+0.92)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 1000 18.51 (+0.67)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 1 14.66 (-0.20)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 100000 14.66 (-0.20)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 150000 14.66 (-0.20)          G.I. Joe (GIJO4) 150000 36.12 (+0.81)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 50000 14.66 (-0.20)          Copperhead (COPRH) 30 18.45 (0.00)          Hercules (HRCUL) 60000 15.70 (+0.92)          Digger (DIGER) 20000 51.30 (-0.57)          The Further Mis-Adventures of Cl (TAOCB) 100000 17.22 (-0.12)          Verity (VERTY) 1000 64.75 (-0.25)          Verity (VERTY) 25000 64.75 (-0.25)          Clayface (CLAYF) 1 64.27 (-0.60)          Wonka 2 (WONK2) 150000 33.91 (-0.10)          Narnia: The Magician's Neph (NARN4) 150000 28.02 (+0.36)          Hercules (HRCUL) 40000 15.70 (+0.92)          Hercules (HRCUL) 40000 15.70 (+0.92)          Taika Waititi (TAWAI) 335 105.04 (-0.33)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 18.51 (+0.67)          Hal (HALD) 150000 6.48 (+0.92)          Oh, the Places You'll Go (OTPYG) 10000 96.37 (-0.26)          Primetime (PRMTM) 150000 44.67 (+0.15)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 100000 18.51 (+0.67)