HSX Forum

Movies

Beware! DAYBR is shades of ULTVT. {nm}

Posted by: Richard In G (a.k.a KingRichard) on Jan 05, 19:35 in response to adrenalin112's post its not because of avatar that itll not make a BO...

I'm in two minds about DAYBR - does anyone else think it is doomed because of AVATR? {nm} donnie_darko Jan 05, 16:49

its not because of avatar that itll not make a BO statement. {nm} adrenalin112 Jan 05, 16:50

Beware! DAYBR is shades of ULTVT. Richard In G Jan 05, 19:35

It's difficult to spark interest in this climate. Daybreakers doesn't get with the general tone that Avatar has struck, and is no Twilight Toruk Facto Jan 05, 17:13

I mean doesn't *gel* with {nm} Toruk Facto Jan 05, 17:19

30 Days of Night starred [JHART] not [EHAWK], I think that makes a difference when analyzing... Chimaera81 Jan 05, 18:21

Indeed, my memory was faulty.. I'm looking at the film, Daybreakers, and it seems a little bleak, and could also be attention demanding? Toruk Facto Jan 05, 18:47

AVATR does not help it sneak Jan 05, 17:14

It won't be a blockbuster, but it is the first weekend opener in two weeks and I am Avatared out. {nm} icecreamman Jan 05, 17:26

Nope... the guys who've seen Avatar will be looking for something else to see. DAYBR trailer is on XBOx Live, which is huge IMO {nm} secretstalker Jan 05, 17:29

What other trailers have been on Xbox Live? {nm} Antibody Jan 05, 17:34

IIRC "9" was also on xbox live. {nm} adrenalin112 Jan 05, 17:37

The Final Destination, Legion... can't remember others. They're well-placed for a lot of eyes. {nm} secretstalker Jan 05, 18:02

Geeksville, USA? It'll be interesting to see where this one goes.. I thought that in order to have real box office punch, stuff needs to app Toruk Facto Jan 05, 17:55

Either way, I don't think I can decide how this will go until Friday donnie_darko Jan 05, 18:26

for no good reason I like the white noise comparison {nm} sneak Jan 05, 18:44

I think people are underestimating this movie.... Chimaera81 Jan 05, 20:33

He's probably raved about lots of 1M-dollar films also. The trailer for DAYBR is not good. And what's that cheesy use of "Running Up the Hil Toruk Facto Jan 05, 21:01





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


The Shrinking of Treehorn (TSOTH) 33000 0.10 (+0.04)          Clayface - Opening Weekend (CLAYF.OW) 10000 25.00 (0.00)          Buds (BUDS) 34000 27.41 (-0.02)          Clayface H$25 Put (CLAYF.PU) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Babies (BBIES) 4000 17.42 (-0.01)          Angel and the Badman (ANBAD) 150000 8.29 (+0.40)          Clayface H$25 Call (CLAYF.CA) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Babies (BBIES) 4000 17.42 (-0.01)          Hal (HALD) 150000 5.66 (-0.32)          Hal (HALD) 150000 5.66 (-0.32)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 50000 117.07 (+3.84)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 150000 29.95 (-2.79)          The Beast (TBEAS) 41000 1.98 (-0.05)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 17.49 (-0.25)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 17.49 (-0.25)          The Gallerist (GALRS) 6000 4.88 (-0.10)          Digger (DIGER) 1 26.03 (-0.84)          Whalefall - Opening Weekend (WHALF.OW) 2000 12.59 (-0.37)          Death Stranding (DSTRN) 150000 20.00 (+0.89)          World War Hulk (THLK2) 2000 30.15 (-0.28)          The Social Reckoning - Opening W (SOCI2.OW) 4000 13.25 (-1.70)          World War Hulk (THLK2) 2000 30.15 (-0.28)          Other Mommy - Opening Weekend (IATHS.OW) 32000 26.95 (-2.17)          Klara and the Sun (KLARA) 33000 21.53 (-2.21)          Klara and the Sun (KLARA) 33000 21.53 (-2.21)          Primetime (PRMTM) 60000 43.50 (-0.46)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 2995 29.95 (-2.79)          The Graveyard Book (GRVBK) 149994 0.07 (-0.03)          Daisy Ridley (DRIDL) 5050 8.66 (+0.04)          Clayface H$25 Put (CLAYF.PU) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Klara and the Sun (KLARA) 31000 21.53 (-2.21)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 6000 29.95 (-2.79)          The Social Reckoning - Opening W (SOCI2.OW) 10000 13.25 (-1.70)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 3768 29.95 (-2.79)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 15000 59.12 (-1.00)          Jonathan Majors (JMAJO) 1000 78.84 (-0.24)          Wonka 2 (WONK2) 3 33.71 (-0.09)          Ali G: Who Iz I? (ALIG2) 1609 16.10 (-1.49)          Wonder Woman (WOND3) 70 32.06 (-0.17)          The Kids Fund (KIDS) 20000 20.07 (+0.07)          The Graveyard Book (GRVBK) 2 0.07 (-0.03)          The Matrix 5 (MTRX5) 150000 29.48 (+0.75)          The Matrix 5 (MTRX5) 150000 29.48 (+0.75)          Digger (DIGER) 30000 26.03 (-0.84)          Digger (DIGER) 44000 26.03 (-0.84)          Sophie Thatcher (STHAT) 50 19.99 (0.00)          Claire Foy (CFOY) 1 5.72 (0.00)          Verity (VERTY) 17000 68.22 (-1.26)          Julia Louis-Dreyfus (JLOUI) 25000 98.31 (-0.50)          Meryl Streep (MSTRE) 4 145.95 (-0.33)