HSX Forum

Movies

Definitely not playing the short any more! {nm}

Posted by: johnnyb588 on Aug 12, 10:34 in response to pennystocks2's post Or maybe you want us to think you are. :-)

FWIW, SAUSG walk-ups were strong at my theater last night. 9:30 show nearly as full as the 7pm. Hopefully means $30m+ this weekend. RollingThunder Aug 12, 05:29

Reminder: There were no Thursday previews of Pete's Dragon last night. diamondman56 Aug 12, 05:56

Or hopefully NOT. I'm playing the short. :) {nm} johnnyb588 Aug 12, 05:58

Or maybe you want us to think you are. :-) {nm} pennystocks2 Aug 12, 07:07

Definitely not playing the short any more! johnnyb588 Aug 12, 10:34

as always, thanks RT. my updates inside fwiw... lobogotti Aug 12, 06:07

What do you think about comps? What about BRUNO, 1.6 on the way to 30.6 in July 2009? {nm} second gary Aug 12, 06:39

What do you think about comps? What about BRUNO, 1.6 on the way to 30.6 in July 2009? {nm} second gary Aug 12, 06:51

I'd say take at least 10% off the final weekend number since Thursdays were less of box office in 2009 {nm} TwoMisfits Aug 12, 06:57

I'd say they were nonexistent and the crowds who went to midnight shows were diff. than those who would see a movie at 7pm. {nm} diamondman56 Aug 12, 07:12

I'd look at movies from the same stable - XMAS, JSVSA, NEIBR and NEIB2. TED2 as well. {nm} RogerMore Aug 12, 07:01

How about This is the End? That must have had Thursday previews albeit not as many. {nm} diamondman56 Aug 12, 07:13

opened on a Wed, so Tues had $2.2M in previews {nm} lobogotti Aug 12, 07:16

JSVSA = This is the End (sorry, ticker symbols are quicker to type Also, it had Tuesday previews, so there'd be some finessing) {nm} RogerMore Aug 12, 07:17

Oh right.. "Jay and Seth vs. the Apocalypse" Smart move to change that title. {nm} diamondman56 Aug 12, 07:18

I like Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates - also raunchy, very recent, non-sequel, bad title, and R-rated...had a 10x multiplier TwoMisfits Aug 12, 07:19

Neighbors 2 is where I start... lobogotti Aug 12, 07:31

So, you're hoping for a $2.3M Thursday to make $30M? Roughly? {nm} TwoMisfits Aug 12, 07:48

I said on BOT last night I would be shocked at anything under $2.75M {nm} lobogotti Aug 12, 07:51





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


Tangles (TNGLS) 150000 2.13 (+0.34)          Tangles (TNGLS) 150000 2.13 (+0.34)          Ali G: Who Iz I? - Opening Weeke (ALIG2.OW) 100000 5.00 (0.00)          I Play Rocky (IPROC) 10000 44.88 (+0.08)          Paper Tiger (PTIGR) 10000 32.88 (-0.11)          The Night House (NITHS) 150000 8.00 (0.00)          Lords of War (LRDW2) 20000 7.75 (0.00)          Clarissa (CLRIS) 25000 2.72 (-0.02)          The Kids Fund (KIDS) 20000 20.10 (+0.10)          The Riders (RIDER) 150000 27.42 (-0.24)          The Riders (RIDER) 150000 27.42 (-0.24)          Your Mother Your Mother Your Mot (YOURM) 50000 8.13 (-0.23)          The Weight (THEWT) 150000 3.78 (+0.09)          Ray Gunn (RAYGN) 150000 3.38 (+0.01)          Ali G: Who Iz I? (ALIG2) 150000 15.98 (-1.61)          The Matrix 5 (MTRX5) 150000 29.94 (+1.21)          The Matrix 5 (MTRX5) 150000 29.94 (+1.21)          The Incomer (INCOM) 150000 0.16 (0.00)          Late Fame (LTFAM) 150000 0.58 (+0.02)          The Musical (MSCAL) 150000 0.24 (-0.02)          Heart of the Beast (HOTBS) 150000 51.07 (-0.50)          Primetime (PRMTM) 150000 43.50 (-0.46)          The Matrix 5 (MTRX5) 150000 29.94 (+1.21)          The Matrix 5 (MTRX5) 150000 29.94 (+1.21)          Ali G: Who Iz I? - Opening Weeke (ALIG2.OW) 100000 5.00 (0.00)          Clayface - Opening Weekend (CLAYF.OW) 100000 25.00 (0.00)          Clayface H$25 Call (CLAYF.CA) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Klara and the Sun H$10 Put (KLARA.PU) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Clayface H$25 Put (CLAYF.PU) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Last Friday (FRID4) 50000 7.83 (+3.18)          The Night House (NITHS) 150000 8.00 (0.00)          Ali G: Who Iz I? (ALIG2) 150000 15.98 (-1.61)          Primetime (PRMTM) 150000 43.50 (-0.46)          Klara and the Sun (KLARA) 150000 21.29 (-2.45)          Your Mother Your Mother Your Mot (YOURM) 150000 8.13 (-0.23)          You Had to Be There (YHTBT) 150000 0.29 (-0.03)          Clayface H$25 Call (CLAYF.CA) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          The Social Reckoning H$20 Put (SOCI2.PU) 25000 5.33 (+0.60)          Wildwood - Opening Weekend (WILDW.OW) 100000 10.00 (0.00)          Wildwood H$10 Call (WILDW.CA) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          The Social Reckoning - Opening W (SOCI2.OW) 100000 13.15 (-1.80)          Transformers 8 (TFRM8) 5000 45.20 (+3.18)          Klara and the Sun - Opening Week (KLARA.OW) 100000 10.00 (0.00)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 150000 29.94 (-2.80)          Klara and the Sun H$10 Put (KLARA.PU) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Clayface - Opening Weekend (CLAYF.OW) 100000 25.00 (0.00)          Clayface H$25 Call (CLAYF.CA) 25000 2.00 (0.00)          Ali G: Who Iz I? - Opening Weeke (ALIG2.OW) 100000 5.00 (0.00)          The Night House (NITHS) 150000 8.00 (0.00)          Obey (OBEY) 150000 19.17 (+2.07)