HSX Forum

Movies

Agreed that OW stock limit should increase with these changes. {nm}

Posted by: woodchop on Oct 28, 15:14 in response to Antibody's post Here's the Official Announcement

Here's the Official Announcement Antibody Oct 28, 11:37

Boom goes the dynamite! {nm} skunkrunner Oct 28, 11:42

Bring it on! {nm} slappydavid Oct 28, 11:43

thanks for the official word. {nm} Oleg Max Oct 28, 11:46

burn baby burn. lol {nm} Dorfman Oct 28, 11:52

Well...should be interesting at any rate. Nice to have a firm date. {nm} shadowking Oct 28, 11:56

TWSS {nm} DTshakes Oct 28, 12:53

Can someone give some guidance on how we are supposed to value moviestocks now? {nm} Chimpmuck Oct 28, 12:06

Based on how much box office you think they'll make over 4 weekends of release. {nm} RogerMore Oct 28, 12:10

Your name reminded me of HSXsanity. Found some info <inside>... Chimpmuck Oct 28, 12:29

Shouldn't the "MAX" amount you can trade on OW warrants increase to match the $ amount of the underlying stock you can trade? tomcat90 Oct 28, 13:07

No, because, in essence, the .OW is leverage. ndmaster Oct 28, 21:14

Please bring back Chart of the Week {nm} Chimpmuck Oct 28, 12:34

I don't have time to write the columns weekly, but Im happy to make the tool I use to generate the charts public. RogerMore Oct 28, 13:44

You can still use 2.7 x opening weekend. {nm} Antibody Oct 28, 12:15

Value kid animated and old people movies over sequels, supers, horror... TwoMisfits Oct 28, 15:33

Dude, please reconsider. {nm} budice Oct 28, 12:26

What kind of useful data does HSX get from movie stocks at this point {nm} MattW Oct 28, 12:38

Good lord...our estimate of the movie at delist! {nm} ndmaster Oct 28, 21:15

I wish we returned to halts on Friday. It was fun watching traders squirm when the realize they were holding the stock incorrectly. :) {nm} BelizeIt Oct 28, 12:55

So just to clarify, for myself anyway haha, we treat stock prices as what they'll do for 4 or 12 week totals. PARAX Fund (NOLEAFCLOVR) Oct 28, 13:03

Sounds right to me...no more huge adjusts after a halt..say goodbye to those. {nm} Flash Oct 28, 14:23

Yeah, I'm with you on that. Thanks, just wanted to make sure i had this right. {nm} PARAX Fund (NOLEAFCLOVR) Oct 28, 15:26

I feel like IPO Prices should be much cheaper now because of this news. {nm} Fechin Oct 28, 17:30

+1 - Especially supers/sequels/horror - they should be almost 40% lower now if you want any trading on them... {nm} TwoMisfits Oct 29, 06:11

Ty antibody... Happy trading all ! {nm} jmt-nl Oct 28, 14:21

Just take the halt of the movie stocks back one day and everything is fun again!!!! {nm} billy Oct 28, 14:23

Seriously not happy about this news. {nm} Fechin Oct 28, 14:26

OW limit should be increase. 250k would be sufficient. {nm} DiNar0 Oct 28, 15:01

+1 {nm} MattW Oct 28, 16:17

I said the same thing above, but it's inside the headline. I'm with you. It's the right thing to do {nm} tomcat90 Oct 28, 18:28

so trying to get MS prices cloeer to reality rather than a price that just makes imaginary money for us then returns to reality :) {nm} tealfan Oct 28, 15:03

*closer {nm} tealfan Oct 28, 15:03

Agreed that OW stock limit should increase with these changes. woodchop Oct 28, 15:14

Great! Can we go back to the gold standard and drop the FED too?!?!? {nm} HollywoodTycoon61 Oct 28, 15:33

Great! Can we go back to the gold standard and drop the FED too?!?!? They both operate on false inflation / deflation indicators. Just sayin {nm} HollywoodTycoon61 Oct 28, 15:40

I'm sorry to hear this as adjusts are where I make most of my fake funds. I can't keep up with the stock price manipulation these days so grammar Oct 28, 16:59

have you thought about what to do with eapgod? {nm} islander s. pumpkins Oct 28, 17:18

I'm discussing it with Karl. Will let you all know. {nm} grammar Oct 28, 19:38

It's madness to throw out the FUN factor of HSX. {nm} pugalenthii Oct 28, 19:30

+1 {nm} TwoMisfits Oct 29, 06:11

I'm a diehard HSX player. The best players will still succeed at making HSX $$$, regardless of rule changes. {nm} eallensbp Oct 28, 22:11

My kneejerk reaction is negative since I always had fun waiting for the adjusts. However, as with most changes in life, I'm sure I'll get... Willroast Oct 28, 23:31

On a separate note, it will kill Saturday AND Sunday traffic TwoMisfits Oct 29, 06:14

+1 {nm} Dorfman Oct 29, 06:37

So, two questions iagommc Oct 29, 11:58

I wouldn't call out exact stock movements and questions... TwoMisfits Oct 29, 17:55

I'm indifferent to the change personally. Will take some getting used to though for sure. {nm} MiyazakiFan Oct 29, 14:12

Well, moving the halt to Saturday was silly. Of course adjusts became null and void and HSX seemed "more" accurate. It took a little more Catzan Oct 29, 15:11





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


Bitter Christmas (BITRC) 150000 0.45 (-0.01)          The Kids Fund (KIDS) 20000 21.39 (+0.83)          Big Thunder Mountain (BTMTN) 40000 17.96 (+0.07)          Armor Wars (ARMWR) 150000 26.82 (+0.01)          The Rule of Three (RULO3) 150000 14.16 (-0.84)          Rolling Loud: The Movie (RLOUD) 120000 1.65 (0.00)          Best Pancakes in the County (BPITC) 150000 1.23 (+0.07)          Best Pancakes in the County (BPITC) 10000 1.23 (+0.07)          Fear the Reaper (FREPR) 150000 10.00 (0.00)          Untitled Fourth Film directed by (UJPE4) 150000 40.31 (+0.16)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 150000 23.23 (-4.93)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 150000 23.23 (-4.93)          Zero A.D.: The Birth of Christ (BTLHM) 25000 34.82 (+0.21)          Everest: The Other Side (EVTOS) 1 1.36 (0.00)          Angel and the Badman (ANBAD) 25000 8.60 (+0.29)          Fjord (FJORD) 9 4.00 (-0.30)          Ali G: Who Iz I? - Opening Weeke (ALIG2.OW) 10000 5.39 (+0.13)          Ali G: Who Iz I? - Opening Weeke (ALIG2.OW) 10000 5.39 (+0.13)          Klara and the Sun (KLARA) 9566 20.70 (-0.55)          Clayface H$25 Put (CLAYF.PU) 5000 1.59 (-0.05)          How To Rob A Bank (HTRAB) 399 57.27 (-0.33)          Clayface H$25 Call (CLAYF.CA) 5000 2.92 (+0.21)          Clayface - Opening Weekend (CLAYF.OW) 15000 28.34 (+0.80)          Klara and the Sun (KLARA) 499 20.70 (-0.55)          I am Legend 2 (LEGN2) 10000 27.29 (-0.05)          Heart of the Beast (HOTBS) 3900 50.56 (-0.14)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 11000 23.23 (-4.93)          I am Legend 2 (LEGN2) 10000 27.29 (-0.05)          Old Friends New Friends (OFNF) 10000 10.60 (-0.86)          Dynamic Duo (DYDUO) 1000 121.88 (-0.69)          Love Language (LVLNG) 49 1.43 (-0.04)          Honeymoon / Funeral (HNYMF) 10000 9.26 (+0.71)          Old Friends New Friends (OFNF) 150000 10.60 (-0.86)          Obey (OBEY) 10000 19.72 (+0.93)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 18.46 (-0.01)          Making Marie Antoinette (MAKMA) 150000 0.60 (-0.04)          Madden (MADEN) 9 2.23 (-0.02)          Helldivers (HELDV) 1000 101.10 (+1.26)          Making Marie Antoinette (MAKMA) 1 0.60 (-0.04)          Savage Hunters aka Deathstroke & (DSTRK) 10000 44.25 (+1.75)          The Mongoose (MNGOS) 30 2.07 (+0.01)          Panic Carefully (PNCRF) 10000 25.50 (0.00)          The Mongoose (MNGOS) 1 2.07 (+0.01)          Savage Hunters aka Deathstroke & (DSTRK) 10000 44.25 (+1.75)          Antarctica (ANTRC) 10000 7.24 (+3.04)          Minotaur (MNTUR) 1 0.55 (0.00)          Spaceballs: The New One (SPCB2) 7000 150.48 (+1.45)          Misty Green (MSTYG) 49 6.49 (-0.34)          The Rule of Three (RULO3) 2000 14.16 (-0.84)          Untitled Fourth Film directed by (UJPE4) 5000 40.31 (+0.16)