HSX Forum

Movies

So I guess that marketing is equivalent to scripting your entire movie entirely around today’s heated political divide. {nm}

Posted by: HurricaneKid on Aug 10, 17:42 in response to RogerMore's post As pointed out on the boards, PURG4 was marketed with a...

DL: The Hunt Theatrical Release Pulled By Universal Gleemonex Aug 10, 10:17

saving it for Unversal+ {nm} professor zovek Aug 10, 10:19

Likely. They didnt rule out releasing it at some time in the future, just now was not the time.2020 will be election year so still spicy the {nm} notfabio Aug 10, 10:39

I guess Universal will dump the film, like what they did with "Happiness" and "House of 1000 Corpses" {nm} Peterlee Aug 10, 10:53

Trump successfully diverts attention from guns to films. It will have long-term effect on Hollywood. {nm} Peterlee Aug 10, 11:02

How or why would it affect Hollywood? Thank you. {nm} SenJohnBlutarsky Aug 10, 12:15

Not much interest to begin with {nm} budice Aug 10, 11:03

The event will affect the releases of more violence films (not just "The Hunt") {nm} Peterlee Aug 10, 11:10

I believe you overestimate the respect for Trump and his fans among educated, informed, decent Americans SenJohnBlutarsky Aug 10, 12:20

I'm embarrassed for them. And this was a big change from their initial internal stance. {nm} RupertPupkin Aug 10, 12:33

Comcast might have had a hand in the abrupt change presuming they don't want extra DOJ interest in them for future M&A activity notfabio Aug 10, 15:20

There's nothing about that problem that isn't likely to be solved in 18 months {nm} SenJohnBlutarsky Aug 11, 16:26

I’m surprised a film this on-the-nose was even greenlit in this political climate. And I thought what happened to Interview was horrible. HurricaneKid Aug 10, 12:34

+1...Mads makes anything awesome. {nm} Pepe_Nolan Aug 10, 12:43

they've made like four Purges and a TV show {nm} professor zovek Aug 10, 12:45

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't see much difference between this one and the Purges. {nm} tatoufan Aug 10, 13:04

The right is using THE HUNT to distract from the extreme gun violence of late. That's the difference. {nm} Moviesnob Aug 10, 13:06

Yep, no fake killing on the big screens for now. Blame Hollywood, blame rap music, blame video games....Wonder if the trend will continue. {nm} tatoufan Aug 10, 13:31

I'm likely as far right as exists in this space. Universal would've had my $20 opening thurs or fri. Pepe_Nolan Aug 10, 13:43

Never caught a Purge, no interest. I know there’s an alt-future totalitarianism slant, but nothing as obvious as “deplorables” vs “elites” {nm} HurricaneKid Aug 10, 13:28

I think this is incorrect. For example, PURG4 (spoils) RogerMore Aug 10, 16:24

Still a lot less blatent than the reported elements of The Hunt’s script. I really am stunned this script was given the go ahead. HurricaneKid Aug 10, 16:52

As pointed out on the boards, PURG4 was marketed with a MAGA hat. {nm} RogerMore Aug 10, 17:11

So I guess that marketing is equivalent to scripting your entire movie entirely around today’s heated political divide. HurricaneKid Aug 10, 17:42

As PURG4 was scripted? {nm} RogerMore Aug 10, 17:43

PURG4 was about hunting “deplorables” because “because they expressed anti-choice positions or used the N-word on Twitter”? (from H.R.) {nm} HurricaneKid Aug 10, 17:56

No, it had a plot about the killing of poor people organized by politicians who didn’t want to spend money on social programs. RogerMore Aug 10, 18:52

I wouldn’t greenlight this, not because it’s “pretty offensive” (I love offensive content)... HurricaneKid Aug 10, 19:29

Blumhouse has a first look deal with Universal so stating other studios saw this coming and passing on the script is untrue. Moviesnob Aug 10, 19:42

Project didn’t originate at Blum. LOST showrunners wrote it, then Blum acquired it. After others passed on it (per HR) {nm} HurricaneKid Aug 10, 19:57

By “pretty offensive” I don’t mean “personally offensive”, but that “people are bound to be offended” i.e. it will lead to controversy. {nm} RogerMore Aug 10, 19:52

you should watch one. Its entirely obvious as its been in other hunting human narratives. They are all class critiques Moviesnob Aug 10, 19:38

DL: ‘The Hunt’ Theatrical Release Pulled By Universal Following Mass Shootings & Donald Trump Slam Against Hollywood [THHNT] ~JPV~ Aug 10, 12:35





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


Primetime (PRMTM) 150000 44.43 (+0.45)          Paris Paramount aka Untitled Nan (PRSPM) 150000 49.06 (-0.04)          Aaron Sorkin (ASORK) 25000 16.48 (-0.89)          The Masque Of The Red Death (MOTRD) 150000 15.54 (-0.04)          The Masque Of The Red Death (MOTRD) 150000 15.54 (-0.04)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 150000 58.22 (-2.32)          Primetime (PRMTM) 150000 44.43 (+0.45)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 140265 50.00 (0.00)          Pedro Pascal (PPASC) 25000 117.62 (-0.66)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 150000 20.19 (-1.34)          Untitled Kyoto Project (KYOTO) 150000 7.98 (0.00)          Pedro Pascal (PPASC) 25000 117.62 (-0.66)          I Play Rocky (IPROC) 20000 45.14 (+0.18)          Mena Massoud (MMASS) 25000 86.65 (+1.25)          The Cat in the Hat (TCATH) 20000 107.20 (-0.75)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 150000 50.00 (0.00)          Atonement (ATONM) 145000 1.23 (+0.02)          Alana Haim (AHAIM) 119 18.50 (+0.09)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 150000 50.00 (0.00)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 150000 58.22 (-2.32)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 150000 58.22 (-2.32)          Digger (DIGER) 30000 26.20 (+0.08)          X-Men aka Mutants (XMEN8) 14824 218.03 (-0.51)          Adam Scott (ASCOT) 11 26.05 (0.00)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 150000 50.00 (0.00)          Angel and the Badman (ANBAD) 150000 7.72 (-0.83)          Angel and the Badman (ANBAD) 150000 7.72 (-0.83)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 137276 50.00 (0.00)          The Comeback King (CMBKN) 150000 41.24 (-0.26)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 150000 58.22 (-2.32)          The Batman: Part II (TBAT2) 20000 283.57 (+1.36)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 150000 50.00 (0.00)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 150000 58.22 (-2.32)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 150000 58.22 (-2.32)          Ali G: Who Iz I? (ALIG2) 150000 11.26 (-2.86)          Ali G: Who Iz I? (ALIG2) 150000 11.26 (-2.86)          Paul Greengrass (PGREE) 25000 66.21 (0.00)          Steven Soderbergh (SSODE) 25000 12.97 (-0.10)          Ali G: Who Iz I? - Opening Weeke (ALIG2.OW) 100000 4.64 (-0.79)          Diane Kruger (DKRUG) 25000 6.21 (+0.05)          Ali G: Who Iz I? - Opening Weeke (ALIG2.OW) 100000 4.64 (-0.79)          Pokemon: Detective Pikachu 2 (PIKA2) 150000 14.06 (-0.12)          Pokemon: Detective Pikachu 2 (PIKA2) 150000 14.06 (-0.12)          KJ Apa (KJAPA) 25000 26.64 (-0.12)          Wildwood H$10 Put (WILDW.PU) 25000 1.65 (+0.12)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 150000 50.00 (0.00)          Helena Bonham Carter (HBCAR) 25000 33.73 (+0.37)          Wildwood H$10 Call (WILDW.CA) 25000 2.51 (-0.10)          Bad Fairies (BFAIR) 150000 52.78 (-0.19)          Wildwood - Opening Weekend (WILDW.OW) 100000 10.98 (-0.41)