HSX Forum

Movies

The point is that the market, as a whole, is a pretty good indicator.

Posted by: Scorpion [FOXX Fund] (a.k.a Scorpion) on Aug 16, 09:41 in response to Facto's post I have a suspicion..

In my opinion, and HSX doesn't like this thinking. Is that people that trade on emotion [Fanboy/Hatred] more than the reality of what a movie is going to make based on solid research is what drives inaccuracies.

TheWrap: HSX to Live On, Cantor Insider Says Sandston Aug 15, 22:18

*fingers crossed* {nm} tealfan Aug 15, 22:39

and toes {nm} Moviesnob Aug 15, 23:47

That's cool. New owners on the horizon maybe...I have always enjoyed this site. =) {nm} Catzan Aug 16, 00:15

hmmm.i maybe read a different article from you? sounds terrible to me. "makes no money" and "turn into more robust...operation" imho means islander Aug 16, 00:21

from my experience of these things, any buyer looking at taking HSX on... Somerset Aug 16, 01:14

if the site makes no money, then it is not a "format that works", and I know how we all say how we would be willing to pay to play, my gut islander Aug 16, 06:04

I could probably give a darn good change at making money without changing current game play much, if at all. Scorpion [FOXX Fund] Aug 16, 07:35

Change = Chance {nm} Scorpion [FOXX Fund] Aug 16, 07:36

In fact, I already made a flowchart on it....now, where's that patent application again....... {nm} Scorpion [FOXX Fund] Aug 16, 08:13

'Alec Baldwin's Hollywood Stock Exchange" -- I'd never heard that tidbit before. {nm} edzep Aug 16, 04:35

I better buy ABALD for when he jacks his own bond price up to $300... {nm} secretstalker Aug 16, 05:57

but he leaves you a voicemail calling you a thoughtless little pig if you short his stock ;) {nm} islander Aug 16, 06:06

The best news of this month! {nm} Peterlee Aug 16, 06:01

~Gettin' jiggy wit it~ {nm} Facto Aug 16, 06:12

Was the emploee roster really ever reduced from 5 to 1? {nm} Shrike Aug 16, 07:35

Nothing new here. Happened right around July 1st - so about 7 weeks ago. Why do you question this piece of information.. ? Facto Aug 16, 08:14

So Dmac is the only guy working for HSX then? I thought id seen a few other posts by staff since then which is why i question. {nm} Shrike Aug 16, 12:19

Can't say that I have seen such posts... {nm} Facto Aug 17, 06:48

Right. Intheway Aug 16, 09:09

Last time I tracked HSX accuracy [somewhere around 2007/2008] the market's average adjust was H$0.56 over the course of a year Scorpion [FOXX Fund] Aug 16, 09:17

I have a suspicion.. Facto Aug 16, 09:29

The point is that the market, as a whole, is a pretty good indicator. Scorpion [FOXX Fund] Aug 16, 09:41

Whatever the motivator, it isn't creating an accurate predictor... Intheway Aug 16, 15:53





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


G.I. Joe (GIJO4) 19277 34.86 (+1.82)          Kockroach (KOCKR) 10000 14.13 (+0.02)          Other Mommy - Opening Weekend (IATHS.OW) 10000 27.96 (+0.53)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          Kockroach (KOCKR) 150000 14.13 (+0.02)          They Follow aka It Follows 2 (TFLW2) 150000 7.23 (+0.35)          Verity - Opening Weekend (VERTY.OW) 1 29.35 (+0.23)          Verity - Opening Weekend (VERTY.OW) 10000 29.35 (+0.23)          G.I. Joe (GIJO4) 150000 34.86 (+1.82)          Digger - Opening Weekend (DIGER.OW) 100000 15.84 (-1.58)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          The Social Reckoning - Opening W (SOCI2.OW) 100000 17.55 (-0.02)          Iron Jane (IRONJ) 150000 11.42 (+0.79)          The Social Reckoning H$20 Put (SOCI2.PU) 25000 3.85 (+0.10)          Iron Jane (IRONJ) 150000 11.42 (+0.79)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 150000 44.16 (-1.59)          Starship Troopers (STRPR) 10000 29.05 (-0.04)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          The Comeback King (CMBKN) 150000 42.71 (-0.69)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          Starship Troopers (STRPR) 10000 29.05 (-0.04)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 3000 116.48 (+0.36)          Street Fighter (STFTR) 10000 73.50 (-0.35)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          Ramayana (RAMAY) 150000 13.95 (-0.08)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          Verity (VERTY) 150000 66.04 (-2.75)          Game of Thrones: Aegon’s Conqu (GOTAC) 120 132.13 (+0.35)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          Whalefall H$15 Put (WHALF.PU) 25000 2.63 (+0.63)          Street Fighter H$35 Put (STFTR.PU) 25000 2.76 (+0.76)          Street Fighter H$35 Call (STFTR.CA) 25000 1.26 (-0.74)          Day Drinker (DRNKR) 1000 19.84 (+0.08)          Other Mommy H$25 Put (IATHS.PU) 25000 1.58 (-0.09)          Other Mommy H$25 Call (IATHS.CA) 25000 3.26 (+0.06)          Other Mommy - Opening Weekend (IATHS.OW) 100000 27.96 (+0.53)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 150000 57.84 (+0.42)          Pirates of the Caribbean 6 (PIRT6) 4000 37.42 (-0.13)          Verity (VERTY) 150000 66.04 (-2.75)          Verity - Opening Weekend (VERTY.OW) 100000 29.35 (+0.23)          Verity H$25 Put (VERTY.PU) 25000 1.17 (+0.08)          Verity H$25 Call (VERTY.CA) 25000 4.18 (+0.25)          Street Fighter H$35 Put (STFTR.PU) 25000 2.76 (+0.76)          Street Fighter H$35 Call (STFTR.CA) 25000 1.26 (-0.74)          Street Fighter - Opening Weekend (STFTR.OW) 100000 32.56 (-2.44)