HSX Forum

Movies

ET: MSCOR says [SINAT] could be a HBO miniseries. (TWOWS confirmed as his next movie)

Posted by: Antibody on Apr 09, 12:27

http://www.etonline.com/movies/120643_Martin_Scorsese_Talks_Sinatra_Hennessy/

ETonline: There's also been talk of you directing a Sinatra biopic -- any truth to that?
Scorsese: Oh very much. I'm talking to one or two writers now. The problem is the biography. Where do you start? Hugo took up so much time that I now have to settle in. I met this writer who I think could do a lot with it, but [we] have to get a hold of the story. It's too unwieldy. I'd love to tell the whole story, but the idea of art is to figure out where to start because we can't tell his whole life story. If we told the whole story of Sinatra, it would be 15 hours – then you've got something like a miniseries, along the lines of Boardwalk Empire.

ETonline: Is that a possibility?
Scorsese: Yes. That's the other thing. I love the idea of a miniseries – particularly working with HBO because as long as you stay reasonably on budget, you have freedom which is very difficult to find in the cinematic marketplace. It's something I find challenging and love trying at.


Tag(s): SINAT, WE

ET: MSCOR says [SINAT] could be a HBO miniseries. (TWOWS confirmed as his next movie) Antibody Apr 09, 12:27

Hah, I was puzzling over how this was related to We initially then I saw how it got tagged. {nm} MiyazakiFan Apr 09, 14:08





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


The Lord of the Rings: The Hunt (LOTR5) 6782 204.32 (-0.19)          Crazy Rich Asians 2 (CRAS2) 150000 13.44 (-2.75)          Death Stranding (DSTRN) 60000 20.07 (+0.12)          Savage Hunters aka Deathstroke & (DSTRK) 150000 42.43 (+4.56)          Avatar Aang: The Last Airbender (ATLA1) 150000 1.94 (-0.02)          Heart of the Beast (HOTBS) 22479 50.70 (-0.37)          Violent Night 2 (VILN2) 150000 28.46 (+0.30)          Wicker (WCKER) 61000 8.87 (+0.01)          Wildwood (WILDW) 46010 27.41 (+0.04)          Violent Night 2 (VILN2) 150000 28.46 (+0.30)          Paranormal Activity 8 (PNAC8) 150000 25.86 (-0.20)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 18.35 (+0.83)          Ike Barinholtz (IBARI) 25000 36.14 (-0.50)          The Rule of Three (RULO3) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          Sterling K. Brown (SKBRO) 25000 7.96 (+0.25)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 150000 28.47 (-1.47)          Starship Troopers (STRPR) 30000 29.11 (+0.02)          Sterling K. Brown (SKBRO) 25000 7.96 (+0.25)          Man of Tomorrow (SPMOT) 1000 284.33 (+0.53)          Resident Evil (RESE8) 112500 130.66 (+0.16)          The Rule of Three (RULO3) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          Other Mommy - Opening Weekend (IATHS.OW) 50000 25.98 (-0.96)          Other Mommy - Opening Weekend (IATHS.OW) 50000 25.98 (-0.96)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 50000 57.12 (-1.98)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 50000 57.12 (-1.98)          The Rule of Three (RULO3) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          It Ends (ITNDS) 150000 1.16 (+0.04)          Haunted Heist (HAUHS) 150000 0.48 (-0.01)          Mahershala Ali (MALI) 25000 157.79 (+0.50)          Crazy Rich Asians 2 (CRAS2) 150000 13.44 (-2.75)          Giancarlo Esposito (GESPO) 25000 51.53 (+0.50)          Giancarlo Esposito (GESPO) 25000 51.53 (+0.50)          Fruitcake (FRUTC) 8000 0.07 (0.00)          The Social Reckoning H$20 Put (SOCI2.PU) 25000 5.67 (+0.34)          Union County (UNINC) 150000 0.24 (0.00)          Can I Get a Witness (CIGAW) 6000 0.01 (-0.02)          The Social Reckoning - Opening W (SOCI2.OW) 100000 12.06 (-0.92)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 15000 57.12 (-1.98)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 20000 57.12 (-1.98)          The Social Reckoning H$20 Call (SOCI2.CA) 25000 0.81 (-0.10)          Rosebush Pruning (RPRUN) 150000 0.05 (+0.03)          Other Mommy H$25 Put (IATHS.PU) 25000 1.75 (+0.45)          Other Mommy H$25 Put (IATHS.PU) 25000 1.75 (+0.45)          Other Mommy - Opening Weekend (IATHS.OW) 100000 25.98 (-0.96)          Other Mommy - Opening Weekend (IATHS.OW) 100000 25.98 (-0.96)          The Rule of Three (RULO3) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          The Wrong Girls (TWRNG) 150000 1.82 (-0.03)          Other Mommy H$25 Call (IATHS.CA) 25000 2.59 (-0.80)          Other Mommy H$25 Call (IATHS.CA) 25000 2.59 (-0.80)          Spike Fearn (SFEAR) 1999 24.22 (-0.25)