HSX Forum

Movies

I can't read Heinlein, it aggravates my schizophrenia. {nm}

Posted by: elchan (a.k.a elchan2012) on Jun 20, 11:40 in response to Paul2k's post Twitch: Promo art for [PDSTN] and a little more detailed...

Twitch: Promo art for [PDSTN] and a little more detailed synopsis. Is it just me, or does that poster remind anyone else of Dark City? Paul2k Jun 20, 10:34

I don't get the spoiler warning? {nm} Antibody Jun 20, 10:35

it has something to do with time clocks apparently. {nm} Oleg Max Jun 20, 10:41

Clocks spoil everything. {nm} Dave3626 Jun 20, 10:42

I dunno, I kinda liked it. One of Coldplay's better efforts. {nm} Tanker Jun 20, 10:45

I'll give you that. But I prefer Life in Technicolor II. {nm} Dave3626 Jun 20, 10:47

I think it's to do with the title of Heinlein's short story, even though the synopsis from wikipedia does not indicate the presence of any. Paul2k Jun 20, 10:42

its just if you have read the story, it would be like reading the sixth sense (if it were a book). Ruins the surprise. {nm} jwammo Jun 20, 10:47

Don't people know Wikipedia no longer has "spoiler" alerts? Hasn't for some time now. It's policy. {nm} Dave3626 Jun 20, 10:50

That's true if youread ANY book before you see the movie. If you haven't, then it doesn't mean anything. {nm} Antibody Jun 20, 10:52

Speaking of books, read any good ones lately? I'm dying for some good fiction. {nm} Dave3626 Jun 20, 10:55

Last thing I loved was The Tiger's Wife. Am really digging Wolf Hall at present. Jane_Citizen Jun 20, 17:12

clocks. But that is one doozy of a synopsis, so, yeah, don't read it if you don't want it spoiled. :) {nm} Paul2k Jun 20, 10:44

I will never read anything ever again because of spoilers. I wish I was illiterate. Why did they teach me to read?? Dave3626 Jun 20, 10:48

It's the tagline at the end, that hints at who his most elusive enemy is, I believe. {nm} elchan Jun 20, 11:09

There's no tagline on the promo art, which got the spoiler warning. {nm} Antibody Jun 20, 11:11

***SPOILER*** elchan Jun 20, 11:23

I can't read Heinlein, it aggravates my schizophrenia. elchan Jun 20, 11:40





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


Miles Teller (MTELL) 25000 111.25 (+1.00)          Obey (OBEY) 25000 18.74 (-0.39)          Hello Kitty (HLOKT) 125000 36.97 (+0.18)          Clayface H$25 Put (CLAYF.PU) 25000 1.71 (-0.29)          Babies (BBIES) 125000 18.36 (+0.83)          4 x 4: The Event (4X4TE) 50000 8.97 (0.00)          Lukas Gage (LGAGE) 25000 22.42 (0.00)          Witch on the Holy Night (WOTHN) 24999 5.11 (+0.14)          Nutmeg & Mistletoe (NUTMS) 150000 1.90 (-0.22)          Johnny Depp (JDEPP) 25000 97.09 (+0.50)          Hercules (HRCUL) 9999 16.42 (-0.04)          Paris Paramount aka Untitled Nan (PRSPM) 29000 48.86 (+0.24)          Best Pancakes in the County (BPITC) 14999 1.16 (+0.07)          The Rule of Three (RULO3) 150000 15.00 (0.00)          Alan Ritchson (ARITC) 25000 44.07 (+0.83)          Priyanka Chopra Jonas (PCHOP) 20000 20.26 (-0.10)          Riley Keough (RKEOU) 25000 1.64 (+0.02)          Savage Hunters aka Deathstroke & (DSTRK) 70000 42.45 (+4.58)          Adria Arjona (AARJO) 25000 8.11 (-0.10)          Khris Davis (KHDAV) 25000 20.64 (+0.25)          The Young People (TYPEP) 5000 10.89 (-0.03)          Sebastian Stan (SSTAN) 25000 43.67 (+0.33)          Jake Gyllenhaal (JGYLL) 20000 21.64 (-0.22)          The Young People (TYPEP) 5000 10.89 (-0.03)          Felicity Jones (FJONE) 20000 12.06 (-0.08)          Tracy Letts (TLETT) 25000 61.79 (+0.73)          The Shrinking of Treehorn (TSOTH) 33000 0.09 (-0.01)          World War Hulk (THLK2) 20000 30.27 (+0.12)          The Graveyard Book (GRVBK) 46000 0.06 (-0.01)          Ghost Rider (GHSRD) 150000 158.81 (+0.08)          The Gallerist (GALRS) 3000 4.83 (-0.05)          Clayface - Opening Weekend (CLAYF.OW) 100000 27.47 (+2.47)          Miami Vice '85 (MIVIC) 150000 115.27 (+0.34)          World War Hulk (THLK2) 54000 30.27 (+0.12)          Klara and the Sun (KLARA) 4000 21.20 (-0.07)          Klara and the Sun (KLARA) 4000 21.20 (-0.07)          Whalefall (WHALF) 75000 27.52 (+1.15)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 150000 120.25 (-0.61)          Metal Men (METAL) 5000 4.42 (-0.08)          Ali G: Who Iz I? (ALIG2) 59 15.51 (-0.47)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 150000 57.17 (-1.93)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 10 28.37 (-1.57)          Christmas At The Kringles (CKRNG) 150000 7.94 (+0.36)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 70000 18.43 (+0.91)          Other Mommy H$25 Call (IATHS.CA) 25000 2.56 (-0.83)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 110000 18.43 (+0.91)          Buds (BUDS) 30000 28.81 (+1.40)          Day Drinker (DRNKR) 150000 20.21 (+0.06)          Days of Thunder 2 (DTHU2) 1 117.02 (+1.41)          Days of Thunder 2 (DTHU2) 1000 117.02 (+1.41)