HSX Forum

Movies

From what I've heard Ed, I agree that ASERM won't be big commercially. The lack of names in the cast, the world this story is set in, etc.,

Posted by: goodvibe61 on Sep 11, 21:24 in response to secretstalker's post UPAIR did kill but ASERM is seriously not going to play...

all these elements most likely translate into a work that will appeal mostly to the offbeat, the art house, or the Coens unique style of humor and pathos.

 

I appreciate your take. I'm anxiously awaiting a screening of this, and of UPAIR as well. I was looking for any pans coming out of Toronto today, and all I could really find was Michael Phillips review, which classifies UPAIR as a "slickly crafted disappointment". Otherwise, it all seems to be universal praise, and I'm dying to see this asap.

By the way, how well did you think the "unknown" cast did in ASERM?

 





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


Elsinore (ELSNR) 1000 6.49 (-0.52)          One Italian Summer (1ITAS) 1000 24.24 (-0.76)          The Wild Robot Escapes (TWRB2) 125541 30.06 (+0.01)          Elsinore (ELSNR) 150000 6.49 (-0.52)          Scream 8 (SCRM8) 10000 47.51 (+1.81)          Falling (FLLNG) 150000 0.85 (-0.15)          Rose (ROSE) 150000 1.06 (-0.07)          A Prayer for the Dying (APFTD) 150000 0.27 (+0.02)          Paper Tiger (PTIGR) 150000 33.81 (-1.00)          Paper Tiger (PTIGR) 150000 33.81 (-1.00)          Elsinore (ELSNR) 150000 6.49 (-0.52)          Elsinore (ELSNR) 150000 6.49 (-0.52)          Atonement (ATONM) 150000 1.54 (-0.10)          Atonement (ATONM) 150000 1.54 (-0.10)          Colman Domingo (CDOMI) 2404 130.35 (+0.69)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 150000 108.19 (+2.56)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 20000 108.19 (+2.56)          Five Nights at Freddy's 3 (5NAF3) 2855 79.89 (-0.25)          Scream 8 (SCRM8) 149999 47.51 (+1.81)          The Families Stone (FAMS2) 149999 48.29 (-1.18)          Lizard Music (LZMUS) 1 20.60 (+1.48)          Falling (FLLNG) 150000 0.85 (-0.15)          Wonder Woman (WOND3) 10000 32.23 (+0.04)          Lizard Music (LZMUS) 25000 20.60 (+1.48)          Star Trek (TREK4) 10000 32.04 (0.00)          Lizard Music (LZMUS) 25000 20.60 (+1.48)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 50000 108.19 (+2.56)          Ghost Rider (GHSRD) 200 158.94 (+0.11)          Doctor Strange 3 (DRST3) 3685 67.47 (+0.15)          Doctor Strange 3 (DRST3) 150000 67.47 (+0.15)          Scream 8 (SCRM8) 149999 47.51 (+1.81)          Ocean's 14 (OCEN6) 149999 79.62 (-0.24)          The Families Stone (FAMS2) 149999 48.29 (-1.18)          The Lost Boys (LOSTB) 150000 1.01 (+0.02)          Iron Jane (IRONJ) 150000 11.57 (+1.18)          Nobody Nothing Nowhere (NBNTN) 150000 0.93 (0.00)          Night Boat to Tangier (NBTNG) 150000 0.98 (+0.01)          NAR (NAR) 150000 0.25 (+0.04)          Iron Jane (IRONJ) 150000 11.57 (+1.18)          Look Who's Talking (LWTLK) 150000 1.01 (+0.02)          Iron Jane (IRONJ) 150000 11.57 (+1.18)          Kent State (KENTS) 150000 0.29 (+0.02)          I Heart Murder (IHMUR) 150000 0.28 (+0.03)          Conception (CNCPT) 150000 0.31 (+0.02)          Clifford the Big Red Dog 2 (CTBR2) 150000 0.38 (0.00)          Bermuda (BTRIA) 150000 0.31 (+0.01)          A Special Relationship (ASREL) 150000 0.02 (+0.01)          All That I Am (ATIAM) 150000 0.02 (+0.01)          And Then There Were None (ATTWN) 150000 0.04 (+0.01)          Andorra (ANDOR) 150000 0.04 (+0.02)