HSX Forum

Movies

Appreciate it! Unfortunately, that is what I thought. I've found a few #'s for Fast & Furious in a Forbes article I think.

Posted by: jonjon on Jul 15, 15:34 in response to notfabio's post There are one-off situations where a studio will disclose...

I started creating my own summer box office predictions as a teenager in 1989. The summer of 1990 is one of my favorite to study and I was trying to use 1990 as a base, since $100 million was widely accepted as the box office hit benchmark. That was a stacked summer! I was using an inflation calculator and overall yearly comparisons. It looks like $225 million is the benchmark today, overall budgets notwithstanding. I know the business model has changed dramatically and I was trying to combine the VOD #'s with the box office since VOD is clearly an important revenue stream before rental, Blu-Ray, streaming destination, etc. If I am paying $25 at home to watch a movie within a month of release, I feel it is the equivalent of initial box office just in the confines of my living room.

Is there a website that has VOD #'s/charts with actual $$ figures? jonjon Jul 15, 14:47

There are one-off situations where a studio will disclose (Bill & Ted 3 made $32+ million on VOD, I think Kino Lorber might disclose?) but notfabio Jul 15, 14:59

Appreciate it! Unfortunately, that is what I thought. I've found a few #'s for Fast & Furious in a Forbes article I think. jonjon Jul 15, 15:34

asking for some guilds {nm} my mate paul Jul 15, 15:03





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


Children of Blood and Bone (COBAB) 150000 27.89 (-0.84)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 18.30 (+1.14)          Doctor Strange 3 (DRST3) 150000 68.77 (+1.70)          I am Legend 2 (LEGN2) 20000 27.19 (+0.04)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 1 18.30 (+1.14)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 15000 18.30 (+1.14)          Heart of the Beast (HOTBS) 75000 52.35 (+4.01)          King Conan (CONA2) 150000 62.93 (-0.55)          Digger (DIGER) 150000 31.47 (-3.60)          King Conan (CONA2) 150000 62.93 (-0.55)          Digger (DIGER) 150000 31.47 (-3.60)          Deeper (DEPER) 5000 31.35 (+0.06)          The Stunt Driver (STNTD) 150000 0.72 (-0.03)          Verity (VERTY) 150000 73.27 (-3.65)          Digger (DIGER) 150000 31.47 (-3.60)          The Flood (FLOOD) 20000 101.82 (+0.77)          The Social Reckoning - Opening W (SOCI2.OW) 6293 16.01 (-0.07)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 116.33 (+5.99)          The Housemaid's Secret (HMAI2) 100000 96.79 (+0.59)          Clayface (CLAYF) 150000 61.38 (-1.17)          KJ Apa (KJAPA) 25000 27.00 (0.00)          Clayface (CLAYF) 150000 61.38 (-1.17)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 116.33 (+5.99)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 653 5.76 (-7.29)          Verity (VERTY) 150000 73.27 (-3.65)          The Gauntlet (GNTLT) 20000 31.85 (+0.05)          Verity (VERTY) 150000 73.27 (-3.65)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 116.33 (+5.99)          Godzilla Minus Zero (GODM2) 1 80.96 (-0.40)          A Minecraft Movie Squared (MINE2) 11750 335.16 (+0.62)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 10000 116.33 (+5.99)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 8982 116.33 (+5.99)          Godzilla Minus Zero (GODM2) 49999 80.96 (-0.40)          Daniel and The Fiery Furnace (DANIL) 150000 8.13 (-0.07)          Verity (VERTY) 150000 73.27 (-3.65)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 3028 5.76 (-7.29)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 666 5.76 (-7.29)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 600 116.33 (+5.99)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 60 116.33 (+5.99)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 6 116.33 (+5.99)          Digger (DIGER) 1500 31.47 (-3.60)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 65600 116.33 (+5.99)          Ice Age: Boiling Point (ICEA6) 79766 97.32 (-0.49)          Digger (DIGER) 150000 31.47 (-3.60)          Children of Blood and Bone (COBAB) 10000 27.89 (-0.84)          Primetime (PRMTM) 150000 44.11 (+1.47)          Primetime (PRMTM) 150000 44.11 (+1.47)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 20000 18.30 (+1.14)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 116.33 (+5.99)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 10000 18.30 (+1.14)