Just for fun, tried AI, claims Central Intelligence had 50 million views in 24 hours Mar 11, 13:07
at least Iger has enough brass to admit the whole pivot to streaming thing was magical thinking Mar 11, 11:22
TN: 65 debuted yesterday to an estimated $4.435m Mar 11, 08:13
That's including previews I think. Same for the Champions numbers below ($1.8m). {nm} Mar 11, 08:23
So Friday on its own was $3.21m for 65 & somewhere ~ $1.5m for Champions (forgetting exact preview no was ~0.25m iirc) {nm} Mar 11, 08:28
BOR: Champions grossed an estimated $1.80M on Friday Mar 11, 08:08
DNDGN reviews not embargoed, 8 reviews in already, 100%, V and THR quite positive. {nm} Mar 11, 08:01
Movie plays at a festival, it's fair game. {nm} Mar 11, 12:42
BOR: 19.3 Scream VI (DL was too high by 400k early yesterday, storms in LA probably hurt evening biz) Mar 11, 07:56
You mean too low by 19.3-18.7 = 600K {nm} Mar 11, 08:07
D: $43.5m weekend estimate Mar 11, 08:36
Weekend PROJECTION... estimate comes from the studio on Sunday morning. {nm} Mar 11, 12:42
David F Sandberg alludes that apparently there is last minute spoiler spots airing for Shazam 2 and he is not happy Mar 10, 20:32
He doesn't say he's not happy Mar 10, 20:36
That he is saying anything at all and {nm} Mar 10, 21:24
That he is saying anything at all and {nm} Mar 10, 21:24
That he is saying anything at all and {nm} Mar 10, 21:24
Is not a sign he is thrilled. It is definitely cameos in the TV spot that was figured they would resort to {nm} Mar 10, 21:26
He has since replied "I guess it did its job" to a fan that said it got his interest. Mar 10, 21:31
OMGBBQs are out for D&D Movie @ SXSW Mar 10, 18:56
updated links Mar 10, 18:59
Those are all the same OMGWTF reactions as usual... only now hyped up by a film festival. {nm} Mar 10, 20:12
Here's someone I trust a little more.... Mar 10, 20:14
Wait... non-cis non-white AND non-man.... that's what I meant {nm} Mar 10, 20:20
Definitely fits the bill of "Movie Nobody has seen in a theater" Mar 11, 07:41
I have a friend who has seen it twice... maybe I should put "friend" in quotes. I'm questioning things :) {nm} Mar 11, 14:35
Or maybe they'll show Guy Ritchie's Operation Fortune to trick everyone {nm} Mar 10, 20:11
David Ayer officially comes clean that the Joker's "Damaged" forehead tattoo was his bad aesthetic choice in Suicide Squad Mar 10, 16:49
DF: The next generation of law enforcement, prototype Robo-Judy Hopps unveiled at SXSW Mar 10, 16:30
VA: Trust me bro, source at Paramount says they want SCREAM 7 in production by October, latest. Mar 10, 15:54
THM: Sneider says Damon Lindelof's SWAR3 100% coming out Dec '25 Mar 10, 15:14
Should get confirmation official April 7th at Star Wars Celebration unless Disney announces earlier for some reason {nm} Mar 10, 15:19
DL: Yikes-o-la, ROKU had 26% of its cash at taken over by the FDIC today Sillicon Valley Bank, most of it uninsured. Mar 10, 15:13
Disaster for Roku. Woof {nm} Mar 10, 15:41
TFRM7 cast is at SXSW, surprise screening/first look with the D&D screening? Mar 10, 13:15
Paramount debuted the character poster art Mar 10, 17:28
Variety: Will Smith is getting his full 25 million ask on BAD BOYS 4 for Sony and FAST AND LOOSE for Netflix Mar 10, 13:05
Plan is he will shoot both back to back. {nm} Mar 10, 13:06
Maybe just shoot both at the same time. Whatever footage doesn't go into BB4 can be used for F&L. :D {nm} Mar 10, 14:10
Could we maybe come up with a better word for "making movies"? Thanks. {nm} Mar 10, 14:12
No {nm} Mar 11, 14:52
THR: CZHAO shoots down ETRNL2 question: "No Comment". on DRCUL "I’m writing the script right now." Mar 10, 12:46
"No comment" can mean everything from "I'm not doing it" to "I don't want to get shot by Marvel's infamous snipers..." {nm} Mar 10, 12:53
And well, even a comment can still be a lie. Looking at you Benedict "Not Khan" Cumberbatch {nm} Mar 10, 12:59
Ha ha... yeah, I remember that one. I feel like I've been told some of those lies in my days at CS/SHH too {nm} Mar 10, 13:33
Who could forget Daniel Craig telling me and a few others that he wouldn't play James Bond. Mar 10, 14:18
ABC had to discount ad time (a little) on the Oscars to sell its inventory, still asking $1.6M to $2.1M for 30 seconds. Mar 10, 12:20
TheWrap: If you're vaguely interested in 65 spoilers, but not enough to actually see it, story on the twists of 65. Mar 10, 12:17
There were twists? Seems pretty straight-forward to the premise/trailers. {nm} Mar 10, 12:21
This is the writer's idea of being funny. I know the guy. He's also a Pisces. {nm} Mar 10, 12:22
SDCCBlog: DiscoWB is only bringing some straight to video DC animated movies to WonderCon. No major studio film presentations. Mar 10, 11:49