HSX Forum
Movies
Phase 4 was a transitional era. Several of your original cast members left after Endgame, and you introduced a whole new group of heroes. You also started to embrace television, launching multiple shows on Disney+. What were some of the learnings or takeaways from some of those projects?
I hope we learn something on every project. I was very pleased with everything that we did. Kamala Khan, for instance, is a great new character in the pantheon. I'm very proud of the Ms. Marvel show. I also know — and this is a spoiler — she essentially steals The Marvels, which is coming out [July 28]. It makes me excited that people will, I hope, see that movie and then go back and revisit those shows on Disney+. The fun thing about streaming is they are there forever, and people can keep re-exploring them. Moon Knight, same thing. I think there's a future for that character as we move forward.
Yes!
I do think one of the powerful aspects of being at Marvel Studios is having these films and shows hit the zeitgeist. It is harder to hit the zeitgeist when there's so much product out there — and so much "content," as they say, which is a word that I hate. [Laughs] But we want Marvel Studios and the MCU projects to really stand out and stand above. So, people will see that as we get further into Phase 5 and 6. The pace at which we're putting out the Disney+ shows will change so they can each get a chance to shine.
So when you say the pace will change, do you mean spacing them out or putting out fewer shows a year?
EW: Kevin Feige "exclusive" on SPID9, "All I will say is that we have the story, our writers are putting pen to paper right now"
notfabio
Feb 14, 10:44
(FANTASTIC FOUR) People will start to hear more about that soon. We plan on that being a big pillar of the MCU going forward
{nm}
notfabio
Feb 14, 10:47
BLADE: "Cameras roll in, like, the next 10 weeks or so." (so April-May start date)
{nm}
notfabio
Feb 14, 10:49
Should add that the question he was asked is a little nebulous, it could be Spider-Man as part of Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars or something else
{nm}
notfabio
Feb 14, 10:51
I'm not sure if he was already President in Falcon & Winter Solider, but also confirms HFORD's Ross is the US President in CAP4
{nm}
notfabio
Feb 14, 10:55
Dodges and deflects questions about X-MEN. Does vaguely say the timing was a concern so that OG Fox-men contractual issue likely is real.
{nm}
notfabio
Feb 14, 10:59
Kang is testing through the roof!!! (With friends and family)
{nm}
TheWeekendWarrior
Feb 14, 11:53
Also confirms that Deadpool 3 will be the first R-rated movie in the MCU
{nm}
TheWeekendWarrior
Feb 14, 11:55
Also says Ms. Marvel "steals" The Marvels. There is a future for the Moon Knight character.
notfabio
Feb 14, 13:56
But also those rumors were true, Marvel is going to make less D+ shows and space them further apart so they can have their time to shine.
{nm}
notfabio
Feb 14, 13:57
yay!
{nm}
tealfan
Feb 14, 16:11
Bucky is the leader of TBOLT (not FPUGH as scoopers claimed)
{nm}
Antibody
Feb 14, 14:07