HSX Forum
Movies
Official Shazam # from WB for Friday is $11.7 million in 4,071 theaters {nm}
Posted by: TheWeekendWarrior on Mar 18, 08:02
Official Shazam # from WB for Friday is $11.7 million in 4,071 theaters
TheWeekendWarrior
Mar 18, 08:02
Considering the frontloading for these movies, I"m dubious of a $30 million weekend BUT
TheWeekendWarrior
Mar 18, 08:03
Even at $30m, if it matches the same delist mult as the OG (2.3089), it would delist at $69.27. The OG was 90% RT and this one is 54%
{nm}
tomcat90
Mar 18, 08:26
Opening weekend could be affected by March Madness, too... and it has one week in April ;)
{nm}
TheWeekendWarrior
Mar 18, 08:44
It also has WICK4, DNDGN and MARIO on the next 3 weekends :)
{nm}
tomcat90
Mar 18, 09:13
At least you did not bet with me
{nm}
Peter453
Mar 18, 09:21
I would if you had agreed to $100
{nm}
TheWeekendWarrior
Mar 18, 09:39
Good thing you didn't! Peter had a great early call. Just overplayed the bet a little :)
{nm}
tomcat90
Mar 18, 09:48
He got greedy.
{nm}
TheWeekendWarrior
Mar 18, 09:51
I was never going to take your money honestly WW. I had access to the presale numbers and knew it was never getting to 100 total.
{nm}
Peter453
Mar 18, 09:58
I think the 25 would have happened (spoiler inside)
Peter453
Mar 18, 09:57
Tweet from David Sandberg
Peter453
Mar 18, 10:09
I hope he already got financing for his next horror project, cause comments like that aren't the way to make friends with your studio.
{nm}
TheWeekendWarrior
Mar 18, 13:12
My guess is all the big DC announcements turned a portion of the fan base off which could lead to somewhat better multis all around
MattW
Mar 18, 09:47
Should know by Cinemacon the degree of dumping for Aquaman 2
notfabio
Mar 18, 08:58
I doubt they would dump Aquaman in January... first movie is a huge hit and there's no SW/Avatar competition over Christmas.
{nm}
TheWeekendWarrior
Mar 18, 09:01
I am worried about Aquaman and even the Flash
{nm}
Peter453
Mar 18, 09:21
Wick will do well next weekend, I think 70+
{nm}
Peter453
Mar 18, 09:22
Aquaman did very well in China. It will need China again or the film is doomed as well
{nm}
JayPrimetown
Mar 18, 11:20