HSX Forum

Movies

I can write a thesis paper about film critics from my over 20 years rubbing elbows with them.

Posted by: TheWeekendWarrior on Jun 06, 12:46 in response to Moviesnob's post what? thats not remotely true

Not sure I would name names but I'm sure they'd know who they were :)

Big Change on my projections. Going with MISS7 to win the Summer now, since INDY5 reviews are not great.. What a missed oppurtunity. {nm} VictorY Jun 06, 10:04

Rest of my Summer Pick Five remains same.. Just switch the top two. {nm} VictorY Jun 06, 10:05

Indy reviews were never going to be great out of Cannes... it's not the right crowd of critics. {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Jun 06, 10:05

Oh I agree. Critics missed on MARIO, But the reviews note the film isn't vety good with Indy's character, he gets talked down a lot. Ooof {nm} VictorY Jun 06, 10:06

Reviews out of Cannes from critics who go to Cannes to see a Martin Scorsese movie. What did anyone expect? {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Jun 06, 10:46

what? thats not remotely true {nm} Moviesnob Jun 06, 11:09

I can write a thesis paper about film critics from my over 20 years rubbing elbows with them. TheWeekendWarrior Jun 06, 12:46

TOPG2 managed to impressed the Cannes crowd. {nm} Antibody Jun 06, 10:46

Less/lower expectations, less baggage... to know how critics think, you need to spend a lot of time around critics. {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Jun 06, 10:47

I mean, I had SUPER low expectations for Top Gun cause I never saw it when first released... TheWeekendWarrior Jun 06, 10:49

Critics at Cannes are also more part of fandoms then you think they are {nm} Moviesnob Jun 06, 11:11

The idea that critics at Cannes cant or wont like both INDIANA JONES and KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON is wrong {nm} Moviesnob Jun 06, 11:13

I mean, it's possible but I know much of the critics who attended Cannes this year personally, and they're pretty snobbish. {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Jun 06, 12:45

Thats your world, its not reflective of all the critics that go to Cannes. Most are not Dave Ehlrich. Most are folks you see at Fantasia Moviesnob Jun 06, 12:52

I've been to Fantasia a couple times and I'm long-time friends of Mitch. Maybe there's some overlap but not sure about critics persé. {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Jun 06, 12:58

Granted, I have never been to Cannes myself but believe me, I'm keeping track of who is there covering what and at least glancing at reviews {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Jun 06, 13:03

Not every critic is RT approved either (as you know). {nm} Moviesnob Jun 06, 13:54

Gave 6 weeks for a plot detail that is probably more unpopular than alieans to spread. {nm} Fitch3k Jun 06, 17:52





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


The Rescue (RSCUE) 149999 29.44 (+1.08)          Angel and the Badman (ANBAD) 149999 8.38 (+0.18)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 404 34.36 (-0.30)          Best Pancakes in the County (BPITC) 150000 1.01 (+0.01)          Fast Forever (FAF11) 150000 146.71 (-0.52)          Obey (OBEY) 150000 17.37 (-0.63)          Best Pancakes in the County (BPITC) 150000 1.01 (+0.01)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 17.48 (+0.76)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 17.48 (+0.76)          Love of Your Life (LOYLF) 555 1.81 (0.00)          Rode to Ruin (RODTR) 150000 12.62 (+0.96)          Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBTQ) 20000 32.68 (0.00)          The Animal Fund (ZOO) 20000 65.34 (+0.02)          The Horror Fund X (SPOOK) 20000 55.21 (+0.02)          Old Friends New Friends (OFNF) 149999 11.48 (+1.20)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 7000 120.61 (0.00)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 7778 34.36 (-0.30)          In a Violent Nature 2 (IAVN2) 15776 2.09 (0.00)          Best Pancakes in the County (BPITC) 11111 1.01 (+0.01)          King Conan (CONA2) 149999 62.44 (-0.35)          King Conan (CONA2) 150000 62.44 (-0.35)          Ebenezer (EBNZR) 149999 115.29 (-0.66)          Old Friends New Friends (OFNF) 9999 11.48 (+1.20)          Tangled (TANGL) 136737 129.23 (+0.44)          Rode to Ruin (RODTR) 150000 12.62 (+0.96)          Sicario 3 (SICA3) 789 13.45 (+0.12)          The Rescue (RSCUE) 150000 29.44 (+1.08)          Rode to Ruin (RODTR) 150000 12.62 (+0.96)          Man of Tomorrow (SPMOT) 50000 282.93 (+1.00)          Old Friends New Friends (OFNF) 22339 11.48 (+1.20)          Old Friends New Friends (OFNF) 150000 11.48 (+1.20)          Old Friends New Friends (OFNF) 1 11.48 (+1.20)          Sicario 3 (SICA3) 150000 13.45 (+0.12)          Old Friends New Friends (OFNF) 150000 11.48 (+1.20)          Obey (OBEY) 1 17.37 (-0.63)          Obey (OBEY) 150000 17.37 (-0.63)          Obey (OBEY) 150000 17.37 (-0.63)          Obey (OBEY) 150000 17.37 (-0.63)          Sicario 3 (SICA3) 150000 13.45 (+0.12)          Best Pancakes in the County (BPITC) 150000 1.01 (+0.01)          Street Fighter (STFTR) 10 74.01 (0.00)          The Batman: Part II (TBAT2) 150000 283.05 (+0.75)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 150000 34.36 (-0.30)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 150000 34.36 (-0.30)          Madden (MADEN) 150000 2.30 (+0.02)          Man of Tomorrow (SPMOT) 150000 282.93 (+1.00)          Man of Tomorrow (SPMOT) 150000 282.93 (+1.00)          Man of Tomorrow (SPMOT) 150000 282.93 (+1.00)          The Great Beyond aka Ghostwriter (ACRNS) 4100 94.51 (0.00)          Falling (FLLNG) 10000 0.61 (0.00)