July 4th weekend vs estimating too big a jump for sequel over original :-(
Basically went by what tealfan said about the expected movie never winning summer so had to have GOTG3 as 2nd (but grossly underestimated its hold) & worked nos on all the others based on whatever data i could obtain & Verse 2 was top but I couldn't believe it'd double the original's take (JWICK2 also did but on a v low base, usually sequel never exceeds by more than ~25% unless big gap in years/inflation in ticket prices) so switched at the last min for the safer option of big walk-ins in July 1st week (guess a lot of people thought the same about INDI5, might still happen but not anywhere like winning the Summer).
Been so down about it that I even cancelled my booking for ASPD2 & it was the only summer blockbuster I actually wanted to watch on the big screen (that was another thing - was also worried my eagerness to watch it might be clouding my judgement & making me put it at no.1) apart from Oppenheimer (not really a blockbuster). I knew on 1st I'd blown it & been in a funk about it ever since.