HSX Forum
Movies
Federal judge affirms Copyright Office determination that AI-generated material is not copyrightable (links inside)
Posted by: SenJohnBlutarsky on Aug 19, 08:33
Studio executives' reaction to this one registered 7.4 on the Richter scale: https://patentlyo.com/patent/2023/08/district-ineligible-copyright.html
Analysis from Prof. Pamela Samuelson, Sen. Blutarsky's intellectual property professor many years ago: https://www.lawfaremedia.org/article/pam-samuelson-on-copyright's-threat-to-generative-ai
Federal judge affirms Copyright Office determination that AI-generated material is not copyrightable (links inside)
SenJohnBlutarsky
Aug 19, 08:33
What have been exec responses to warnings from prominent Wall Street investors, namely the NYC pension fund?
{nm}
Jay_Beezy
Aug 19, 10:34
I understand it’s just *one* investment entity, but surely plenty of investors feel the same way, right?
{nm}
Jay_Beezy
Aug 19, 10:47
I guess I'm curious as to what the exact implications of this ruling are.
{nm}
Jay_Beezy
Aug 19, 13:04
in theory, it makes it harder for anyone to copyright a pure AI generated-work. otoh, writers gave away their ownership of copyright in
my mate paul
Aug 19, 14:14
But if it's the studios upset with the ruling, that suggests writers can steal AI-generated scripts, rework them and sell them for more.
{nm}
Jay_Beezy
Aug 19, 14:25