HSX Forum

Movies

On this movie

Posted by: Tallwonder on May 28, 10:44 in response to The Weekend Warrior's post I laughed when I saw that this weekend's dumper Summer...

Last couple of months I've been shorting this movie & as soon as I shorted someone would (using multiple accounts 'coz if its 1:1 my 150K is as good as someone else's 150K volume in terms of price changes) make it rise a LOT. So I'd cover & wait for the whole rise to happen then start shorting again. Didn't even need a big/max volume each time after the 1st time. Every time I shorted any qty, without fail this was taken upwards. Finally stopped around $12.5m & I shorted the whole lot there. I've rarely been surer about a movie not making the BO amount showing in HSX inspite of a wide summer release.Ā 
Now I just don't bother. Make such movies rise all you want. Will catch 'em when they're near D-Day. Short of buying 50K+ movie tickets no one here can manipulate actual BO (leave that to the studios reporting the weekend!).





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


Josephine Baker (JSPBK) 150000 2.25 (+0.08)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 150000 19.52 (+0.24)          Josephine Baker (JSPBK) 150000 2.25 (+0.08)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 150000 19.52 (+0.24)          The Surgeon (SURGN) 99999 9.80 (-0.08)          The Surgeon (SURGN) 150000 9.80 (-0.08)          Copperhead (COPRH) 150000 18.51 (+0.24)          How To Rob A Bank (HTRAB) 149999 60.82 (-0.14)          Rode to Ruin (RODTR) 150000 11.85 (+0.17)          Whalefall (WHALF) 15000 32.99 (-0.02)          Copperhead (COPRH) 150000 18.51 (+0.24)          Whalefall (WHALF) 30000 32.99 (-0.02)          Dynamic Duo (DYDUO) 149999 123.52 (-0.01)          The Surgeon (SURGN) 150000 9.80 (-0.08)          The Surgeon (SURGN) 150000 9.80 (-0.08)          Witch on the Holy Night (WOTHN) 150000 5.09 (+0.18)          Sense and Sensibility (SNSNS) 149999 20.63 (+0.18)          Witch on the Holy Night (WOTHN) 150000 5.09 (+0.18)          The Surgeon (SURGN) 150000 9.80 (-0.08)          Rode to Ruin (RODTR) 40000 11.85 (+0.17)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 45000 19.52 (+0.24)          Iron Jane (IRONJ) 150000 10.54 (-0.02)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 55000 19.52 (+0.24)          Iron Jane (IRONJ) 150000 10.54 (-0.02)          The Bookie & the Bruiser (TBATB) 10000 5.77 (0.00)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 50000 94.38 (+0.01)          4 x 4: The Event (4X4TE) 150000 9.11 (-0.04)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 50000 94.38 (+0.01)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 50000 94.38 (+0.01)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 50000 94.38 (+0.01)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 50000 94.38 (+0.01)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 50000 94.38 (+0.01)          Whalefall (WHALF) 30000 32.99 (-0.02)          The Families Stone (FAMS2) 150000 43.69 (+0.13)          The Incomer (INCOM) 150000 0.12 (-0.01)          The Incomer (INCOM) 150000 0.12 (-0.01)          Witch on the Holy Night (WOTHN) 150000 5.09 (+0.18)          Witch on the Holy Night (WOTHN) 150000 5.09 (+0.18)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 150000 19.52 (+0.24)          The Surgeon (SURGN) 149999 9.80 (-0.08)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 150000 19.52 (+0.24)          Witch on the Holy Night (WOTHN) 149999 5.09 (+0.18)          Copperhead (COPRH) 150000 18.51 (+0.24)          Copperhead (COPRH) 150000 18.51 (+0.24)          Rolling Loud The Movie (RLOUD) 150000 7.84 (+0.06)          Rolling Loud The Movie (RLOUD) 150000 7.84 (+0.06)          Saw XI aka Saw 11 (SAW11) 150000 20.60 (+0.11)          Saw XI aka Saw 11 (SAW11) 150000 20.60 (+0.11)          Starman (STARM) 150000 14.03 (+0.11)          Starman (STARM) 150000 14.03 (+0.11)