HSX Forum
Movies
https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/daily/2022/09/03
So it helps Barbie (which is actually PG-13), not sure it helps Haunted Mansion since that's gonna lose more theaters on Friday ... maybe it'll help Blue Beetle... I also wonder if the theaters waited too long to announce this year's National Cinema Day and how many people are aware of it besides those who go to movie theaters on the regular.
Notfabio, do you remember if there was any sort of noticeably significant bump on National Cinema Day last year?
TheWeekendWarrior
Aug 22, 04:30
I mean, here is that day last year from The Numbers... definite bumps, especially for family films.
TheWeekendWarrior
Aug 22, 04:38
I bet The Inventor (which is not very good) would even have gotten a bump if it stayed on this weekend.
{nm}
TheWeekendWarrior
Aug 22, 04:45
Kids films will sellout all Sunday. I think Barbie and Blue Beetle will get the biggest bumps forr films not expanding dramatically
notfabio
Aug 22, 06:52
Probably right... lucky Warner Bros.
{nm}
TheWeekendWarrior
Aug 22, 08:38
I tried to get Gran Turismo IMAX tickets for Sunday, bought them, and then today got a "due to scheduling error/refunded"
notfabio
Aug 22, 09:27