HSX Forum

Movies

You are simply relentless when it comes to twisting every single thing. And you have zero clue about:

Posted by: goodvibe61 on Aug 30, 20:42 in response to Moviesnob's post You'd actually rather the thousands of people who go to a...

my (or anyone's) theater habits. Stating that i don't go to the theater like its a fact. What a joke. You do not have any idea of what you are talking about. 

I will play your silly little infantile game. I have been to the movie theater at least 8 times already in the month of August. Thanks for claiming I don't go to the movies. But it's about as wrong and wrongheaded as anybody could possibly imagine. 

This month alone I've seen in a theater: 

A Clockwork Orange
Vanishing Point
Heaven's Gate (Does that count as more than one)
Oldboy
Barbie
Oppenheimer IMAX 70MM Twice
American Graffiti
Talk To Me
Treasure of the Sierra Madre

That's at least 17 tickets (including the screenings that were for 2) That's off the top of my head; it's likely there were others back at the beginning of the month. I have no idea how many movie tickets you've bought in the last week or month, and I"m not gonna be the idiot that pretends to know, or care.

So: Yeah, I "don't support theatrical". 

You claim I'm "boycotting" the Egyptian. Do you know how much money I've given to that movie theater since it originally reopened? I was there in December of 1998 from the very beginning. Were you? What did they play that holiday season there, remember? Do you have 10 percent of a clue of my history wiht that that theater and the partnering institution there? And of course you want to spring to Netflix's defense like always, talking about what lifesavers they are, when you don't include the fact that the ONLY REASON THEY BOUGHT THE THEATER WAS TO CONTROL AN L.A. SCREEN FOR THEIR CRAPPY ORIGiNALS TO GET ELIGIBLE FOR OSCARS. That's the ONLY reason. At least describe it for what it is. That, if they didn't need a theater for that purpose, the ONLY purpose they ever want to put one of the their movies in a movie theater, they would have run for the hills away from that or any movie theater. It's a PR move in each city, to "rescue " a theater, and come off looking like a hero. It's really a scarily big joke. The implications of it are Quite scary. 

And yes, I remember, you backed Disney over Tarantino regarding the Cinerama presentation of The Hateful Eight. One of the only movie theaters in the world that had the ability at that time to screen that film in the way it was intended by its author. And you went on and on about how Disney should show a digital copy of Star Wars in the Dome instead, when that same digital print was playing 1000 feet away at the Chinese. The exact opposite of a theatrical film lover's dreams. Thanks for reminding me. Yes, for some time after that I didn't go there; and do you know how many "points" i had on my Arclight membership up until the Dome closed? Most people would the number near obsessive. So again, give me a break, especially when you literally have no idea what you're talking about, which is often. 

Yeah, you're a real theatrical fan. I'm the enemy of theatrical exhibition.   LOL. 

Please. It's embarrassing. I"m sure you'll keep it up with the hyperbolic nonsense, but the personal attacks, take off your clown shoes and give it a rest. 








Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 10 110.00 (0.00)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 23243 110.00 (0.00)          Runner (RUNNR) 150000 14.29 (+0.10)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 110.00 (0.00)          Runner (RUNNR) 150000 14.29 (+0.10)          Runner (RUNNR) 150000 14.29 (+0.10)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 110.00 (0.00)          Christian Convery (CCONV) 25000 45.95 (-0.48)          One Italian Summer (1ITAS) 1500 30.35 (+1.83)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 149999 17.33 (-3.16)          Digger (DIGER) 150000 37.95 (-6.41)          OASIS: Don't Look Back in A (OASIS) 150000 3.14 (+0.06)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 110.00 (0.00)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 17.33 (-3.16)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 6405 110.00 (0.00)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 110.00 (0.00)          World War Hulk (THLK2) 150000 30.81 (-0.36)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 150000 39.29 (-0.84)          World War Hulk (THLK2) 150000 30.81 (-0.36)          Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (li (TMNT5) 500 73.92 (-0.14)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 1000 17.33 (-3.16)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 15000 110.00 (0.00)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 110.00 (0.00)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 110.00 (0.00)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 50000 110.00 (0.00)          Verity (VERTY) 30000 74.31 (+2.39)          Digger (DIGER) 40000 37.95 (-6.41)          Toxic (TOXIC) 150000 2.06 (+0.06)          Wildwood (WILDW) 150000 25.36 (+0.77)          Toxic (TOXIC) 150000 2.06 (+0.06)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 110.00 (0.00)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 110.00 (0.00)          Digger (DIGER) 150000 37.95 (-6.41)          Toxic (TOXIC) 6000 2.06 (+0.06)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 110.00 (0.00)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 110.00 (0.00)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 110.00 (0.00)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 110.00 (0.00)          Rode to Ruin (RODTR) 500 12.64 (-0.22)          The Families Stone (FAMS2) 149966 45.09 (+1.01)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 9436 39.29 (-0.84)          Whalefall (WHALF) 3000 29.05 (-0.62)          Digger (DIGER) 4999 37.95 (-6.41)          Treasure Island (TISLN) 10000 73.32 (+0.83)          Owen Wilson (OWILS) 25000 20.60 (-0.38)          Digger (DIGER) 150000 37.95 (-6.41)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 1 110.00 (0.00)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 110.00 (0.00)          April X (APRLX) 150000 0.78 (+0.04)          Backrooms 2 (BACR2) 150000 110.00 (0.00)