HSX Forum

Movies

I don't quite get it either. I mean, I hate on Dune the first or the second big screen versions as one changed the story and the other

Posted by: Catzan on Nov 10, 20:30 in response to austpow's post Why do you hate women?

did not tell enough of the story. Visually, I really like both. But in the second, for instance, it isn't that Dr. Kynes is a woman that bugs me...her story line is perfectly fine to me. The thing that bugs me is that Mentats are not explained or mentioned...Jessica's line "How does it feel to be a killer?" after Paul kills Jamis is not there...the state dinner is not there...the hunter seeker scene was ok I think...we see ships launching from Caladan as Paul and Leto watch...that was and unnecessary addition. We see none of the "Jessica is the traitor" plot line...how did a Suk trained doctor become a traitor? Dune is a dense book that could've been told in three movies, I guess. We never see Feyd Rautha...he is saved for part two. I hope the gladiator fight is kept in for part two...sheesh...

I mean, I get nerd rage over changes. I mean...damn...if these peeps were around when whales were being saved in Star Trek...OMG the whinging that should have occurred over putting an environmental issue in a Star Trek movie...but you know, now I get the new Star Treks which I did enjoy but felt they lacked a good social cause/soul within them. Egad...the issues if they made Spock a woman and she getting emotional was mocked.... So-called "woke" issues are particularly rampant in Marvel comics but whatever. These anti-fan boys love to hate...let them hate.





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


The Comeback King (CMBKN) 15000 42.56 (-0.84)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 149000 43.87 (-1.88)          The Comeback King (CMBKN) 20000 42.56 (-0.84)          Jennifer's Body 2 (JBOD2) 40000 12.95 (+0.01)          Verity - Opening Weekend (VERTY.OW) 100000 29.22 (+0.10)          Verity - Opening Weekend (VERTY.OW) 100000 29.22 (+0.10)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 15.98 (+0.98)          The Families Stone (FAMS2) 20000 44.76 (-1.89)          Verity (VERTY) 15000 66.03 (-2.76)          Verity (VERTY) 150000 66.03 (-2.76)          You Can See Everything (YCSET) 149000 8.16 (+1.36)          Rode to Ruin (RODTR) 30000 12.21 (-0.51)          Verity (VERTY) 150000 66.03 (-2.76)          Rode to Ruin (RODTR) 49999 12.21 (-0.51)          Oh, the Places You'll Go (OTPYG) 1 96.62 (+1.66)          Top Gun 3 (TOPG3) 20000 171.89 (+1.59)          Fake Skating (FKSKT) 22999 17.69 (-0.09)          Fake Skating (FKSKT) 25000 17.69 (-0.09)          Voltron (VOLTN) 150000 17.85 (+0.18)          Verity (VERTY) 9999 66.03 (-2.76)          The Rescue (RSCUE) 39999 28.58 (0.00)          G.I. Joe (GIJO4) 75000 35.10 (+2.06)          Anything But Ghosts (ANYBG) 149000 30.40 (+2.75)          Oh, the Places You'll Go (OTPYG) 6910 96.62 (+1.66)          Iron Jane (IRONJ) 20000 11.33 (+0.70)          Iron Jane (IRONJ) 25000 11.33 (+0.70)          The Cat in the Hat (TCATH) 2500 109.28 (-0.16)          Top Gun 3 (TOPG3) 5000 171.89 (+1.59)          Clayface (CLAYF) 7500 65.31 (-0.03)          The Families Stone (FAMS2) 15000 44.76 (-1.89)          Sense and Sensibility (SNSNS) 10000 20.29 (-0.38)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 100000 15.16 (-0.39)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 64618 15.98 (+0.98)          The Great Emu War (GEMUW) 1 0.05 (-0.02)          Digger (DIGER) 150000 53.65 (-2.68)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 150000 15.16 (-0.39)          Street Fighter - Opening Weekend (STFTR.OW) 32364 32.37 (-2.63)          Verity (VERTY) 150000 66.03 (-2.76)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 50000 15.16 (-0.39)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 15.98 (+0.98)          Street Fighter - Opening Weekend (STFTR.OW) 32364 32.37 (-2.63)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 150000 43.87 (-1.88)          Verity (VERTY) 1 66.03 (-2.76)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 150000 43.87 (-1.88)          Verity (VERTY) 10000 66.03 (-2.76)          G.I. Joe (GIJO4) 150000 35.10 (+2.06)          The Comeback King (CMBKN) 1 42.56 (-0.84)          The Comeback King (CMBKN) 1 42.56 (-0.84)          Long Day’s Journey Into Night (LDSJN) 150000 0.04 (+0.02)          Monkey Quest (MNKYQ) 150000 15.98 (+0.98)