HSX Forum

Movies

this explains a lot: "I don’t remember movies because of a good line, I remember movies because of a strong image."

Posted by: co-bro (a.k.a mickpix) on Feb 26, 08:49

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/denis-villeneuve-tv-corrupted-movies-defends-dune-2-runtime-1235922513/


“Frankly, I hate dialogue,” the filmmaker told the publication. “Dialogue is for theatre and television. I don’t remember movies because of a good line, I remember movies because of a strong image. I’m not interested in dialogue at all. Pure image and sound, that is the power of cinema, but it is something not obvious when you watch movies today. Movies have been corrupted by television.”

all those great movies without a single memorable line spoken by the actors . . . 

this explains a lot: "I don’t remember movies because of a good line, I remember movies because of a strong image." co-bro Feb 26, 08:49

Don't let the sound bite scare you. Saw Dune Pt. 2 last night and it was fantastic. Abraxas Feb 26, 12:20





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


One Italian Summer (1ITAS) 150000 23.65 (-1.35)          The Social Reckoning H$20 Call (SOCI2.CA) 24999 1.76 (-0.03)          Witch on the Holy Night (WOTHN) 74999 5.06 (-0.08)          Paper Tiger (PTIGR) 150000 34.00 (-0.81)          Rolling Loud The Movie (RLOUD) 149999 7.29 (-0.05)          April X (APRLX) 149999 0.90 (-0.01)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 25000 106.87 (+1.24)          Rode to Ruin (RODTR) 25000 11.26 (-0.89)          One Italian Summer (1ITAS) 20000 23.65 (-1.35)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 149999 17.49 (-0.60)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 2 106.87 (+1.24)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 25000 106.87 (+1.24)          Falling (FLLNG) 10000 0.95 (-0.05)          4 x 4: The Event (4X4TE) 150000 9.08 (+0.39)          Lizard Music (LZMUS) 150000 20.07 (+0.95)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 149999 106.87 (+1.24)          Invertigo (INVRT) 150000 18.99 (-0.25)          Witch on the Holy Night (WOTHN) 150000 5.06 (-0.08)          Always Lalisa (ALISA) 100 2.69 (0.00)          Your Mother Your Mother Your Mot (YOURM) 20 8.85 (0.00)          The Surgeon (SURGN) 40 9.77 (+0.60)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 10 106.87 (+1.24)          Witch on the Holy Night (WOTHN) 150000 5.06 (-0.08)          Lizard Music (LZMUS) 150000 20.07 (+0.95)          Monitor (MONTR) 150000 11.64 (-0.42)          Monitor (MONTR) 150000 11.64 (-0.42)          One Italian Summer (1ITAS) 150000 23.65 (-1.35)          The Surgeon (SURGN) 150000 9.77 (+0.60)          The Surgeon (SURGN) 150000 9.77 (+0.60)          Paper Tiger (PTIGR) 150000 34.00 (-0.81)          Paper Tiger (PTIGR) 150000 34.00 (-0.81)          Iron Jane (IRONJ) 150000 11.50 (+1.11)          Demon Slayer: Infinity Castle 2 (DSIC2) 150000 86.11 (-0.92)          Iron Jane (IRONJ) 150000 11.50 (+1.11)          Demon Slayer: Infinity Castle 2 (DSIC2) 150000 86.11 (-0.92)          Invertigo (INVRT) 150000 18.99 (-0.25)          Rode to Ruin (RODTR) 150000 11.26 (-0.89)          Rode to Ruin (RODTR) 150000 11.26 (-0.89)          Copperhead (COPRH) 150000 18.78 (+0.96)          Copperhead (COPRH) 150000 18.78 (+0.96)          One Italian Summer (1ITAS) 150000 23.65 (-1.35)          Iron Jane (IRONJ) 150000 11.50 (+1.11)          One Italian Summer (1ITAS) 150000 23.65 (-1.35)          Scream 8 (SCRM8) 150000 47.34 (+1.64)          4 x 4: The Event (4X4TE) 150000 9.08 (+0.39)          Scream 8 (SCRM8) 150000 47.34 (+1.64)          4 x 4: The Event (4X4TE) 150000 9.08 (+0.39)          The Surgeon (SURGN) 150000 9.77 (+0.60)          The Surgeon (SURGN) 150000 9.77 (+0.60)          Scream 8 (SCRM8) 50000 47.34 (+1.64)