for Best Picture. So which past nominees wouldn't have qualified. {nm} Jun 21, 15:10
All Quiet On The Western Front from last year. {nm} Jun 21, 15:12
I guess I meant pre-Netflix. {nm} Jun 21, 15:13
It pretty much just forces, at a minimum, what Netflix gives its serious contenders already. So........ Jun 21, 15:23
This also would have meant GLASS ONION would have been non-eligible for BP with its one week release. {nm} Jun 21, 15:25
(So KNIVES OUT 3 is probably going to get two weeks or one week exclusive, one additional week wide to make Rian happy) {nm} Jun 21, 15:26
AQOWF got 3 weeks of theatrical release. {nm} Jun 21, 15:33
I'm thinking small indies like Drive My Car, which looks like would've still qualified. Jun 21, 15:29
There's a half of dozen indies like variance that will make sure they qualify {nm} Jun 21, 15:34
This is built around Netflix and Amazon (apple will abide to whatever the qualifications are) {nm} Jun 21, 15:35
Folks like me, it's a real kick in the baby maker but I'm really just focused on foreign and doc {nm} Jun 21, 15:36
Amazon and Netflix have the money to get their films qualify. {nm} Jun 21, 16:05
Yep but this is designed to get them to stretch where they don't want to Jun 21, 19:59
COVID considerations and such make earlier iffy, but Don't Look Up, probably didn't. I think Power of the Dog did. Jun 21, 15:14
Deleted and reposted Jun 21, 15:35