HSX Forum
Movies
V: Marty throwing some retrospective shade at WB for the way they wanted to sequelize The Departed and made him pay $500k to finish Aviator
just alan
Sep 26, 15:34
Infernal Affairs had arguably a better ending and sequels. Departed went with the Mark Wahlberg "happy" ending.
Antibody
Sep 26, 15:40
Forget Infernal Affairs. Just about The Departed? Does it have a "good" ending? i think it has an appropriate, inevitable ending.
goodvibe61
Sep 26, 17:02
I thought Mark Wahlberg ending was a cop out. Like the alternate Internal Affair ending for China, organize crime can't get away with it.
{nm}
Antibody
Sep 26, 17:45
Interesting. For me, Dignam knew; Scorsese implied that Dignam knew. He wanted revenge for his friend.
goodvibe61
Sep 26, 19:42
I didn't mention of course what was in this GQ Article, which i took to mean....
goodvibe61
Sep 26, 21:49
Marty is in I feel the Grim Reaper knocking at my door, IDGAF about Hollywood Politics press mode.
{nm}
notfabio
Sep 26, 16:05
There's a blurb I think in the GQ piece about him hugging a friend from the 70's for 10 minutes because he might never see them again.
{nm}
notfabio
Sep 26, 16:06