HSX Forum
Movies
You knew this was coming: TEXOR: RT 43 Reviews, 28%
{nm}
goodvibe61
Oct 04, 09:21
Word from test screenings has been bad for months.
{nm}
notfabio
Oct 04, 09:25
mildly spicy take: Friedkin was never a "horror " director so if I'm spending $400m for the franchise name, maybe take it outside the genre
co-bro
Oct 04, 10:54
Exorcist Cinematic Universe! Which I'm sure they were dreaming of knocking off the Conjuring Universe.
notfabio
Oct 04, 11:01
The number was based on the HALLOWEEN reboot prior to that series tailing off with #3
{nm}
Moviesnob
Oct 04, 11:02
and obviously before the great streaming correction
{nm}
Moviesnob
Oct 04, 11:03
If I had go guess probably at least a $150 million write-down on this deal (which sounds bad, but is not that uncommon anymore)
notfabio
Oct 04, 11:09
but you still paid it. at that point you gotta go bigger than the usual Blumhouse recipe. get ScarJo (or the like) as the new mom
co-bro
Oct 04, 11:14
The ran the same playbook that worked for HALLOWEEN
{nm}
Moviesnob
Oct 04, 11:18