HSX Forum

Movies

if i could show you a picture of my copy of DUNE, you would be proud! its completely trashed from being with me for decades

Posted by: Moviesnob on Jan 27, 21:36 in response to Catzan's post He supposedly loves the book as well but left out too...

Movies always have to condense and tweak, thats just the nature of that type of storytelling and I dont think an artist should just replicate. I want to see an interpretation. Whats in my head will always be better than what gets filmed.

I can imagine going into the Mentat's is just a can of worms (you'd have to go into the whole backstory of the war between humans and AI) that might detract from the complexities of the basic conflict. You want to keep the focus on the houses and the Fremen. There's the Spacing Guild and the Bene Gesserit sisterhood and they are more important to the basic confict and they are already a leap for most audiences. 

And I really hope they get into the third and fourth sequels but I also dont think audiences will like them. Just too weird. Plus you can't have all the folks upset about another white savoir and then read what happens to Paul in the sequels.  :-P

And I like Lynch's DUNE? Its incredible to look at. I guess I will just like all the adaptations. I like the dci-fi channel series as well. 

BSL AMA "Looking to confirm something for DUNE 2" would guess it's the first trailer (either Superbowl or March, FLASH is supposed to be SB) {nm} notfabio Jan 27, 17:11

I would guess IMAX would want to do something exclusive again with the first film being a runaway hit in that format. {nm} notfabio Jan 27, 17:14

I saw it three times in IMAX, i really hope they do double features although I imagine that would be a running time challenge {nm} Moviesnob Jan 27, 17:21

It makes it tricky with WB loving to do 5pm first shows, but I figure they'll work something out for that Thursday notfabio Jan 27, 17:35

I can read the whole book in the amount of time you spent watching it & the book's 10 times better. You actually learn what a Mentat is lol. {nm} Catzan Jan 27, 17:47

I loved the movie as much as the book! {nm} Moviesnob Jan 27, 18:04

He supposedly loves the book as well but left out too many key scenes and elements to add in ships lifting from the ocean? Catzan Jan 27, 19:36

if i could show you a picture of my copy of DUNE, you would be proud! its completely trashed from being with me for decades Moviesnob Jan 27, 21:36

Mind you...BLaderunner 2049 is a stunning sequel...one of the best sequels of all time for me. {nm} Catzan Jan 27, 17:48

It's amazing. INCENDIES is still my favorite film of his Moviesnob Jan 27, 18:04

LOL...I really need to look that one up. I should change my name to Moviesnobtoo since my fav is Betty Blue. There's a nice obscure flick to Catzan Jan 27, 19:38

LOL, if BABY BLUE is your fav movie, you are one weird up individual just like me. Its pretty terrific if you have the patience for it Moviesnob Jan 27, 21:41





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 150000 50.00 (0.00)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 150000 57.10 (-3.44)          Godzilla Minus Zero (GODM2) 150000 80.78 (-1.40)          Clayface H$25 Put (CLAYF.PU) 25000 1.61 (+0.05)          Clayface H$25 Put (CLAYF.PU) 25000 1.61 (+0.05)          Primetime (PRMTM) 150000 43.60 (-0.38)          Primetime (PRMTM) 150000 43.60 (-0.38)          Primetime (PRMTM) 150000 43.60 (-0.38)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 150000 50.00 (0.00)          Angel and the Badman (ANBAD) 150000 7.19 (-1.36)          Verity (VERTY) 150000 68.64 (-1.08)          In a Violent Nature 2 (IAVN2) 3 2.65 (+0.58)          In a Violent Nature 2 (IAVN2) 150000 2.65 (+0.58)          Obey (OBEY) 150000 19.69 (+0.02)          Obey (OBEY) 150000 19.69 (+0.02)          Ali G: Who Iz I? - Opening Weeke (ALIG2.OW) 100000 4.46 (-0.97)          In a Violent Nature 2 (IAVN2) 150000 2.65 (+0.58)          In a Violent Nature 2 (IAVN2) 150000 2.65 (+0.58)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 150000 57.10 (-3.44)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 150000 50.00 (0.00)          The Further Mis-Adventures of Cl (TAOCB) 150000 17.35 (-0.15)          In a Violent Nature 2 (IAVN2) 150000 2.65 (+0.58)          In a Violent Nature 2 (IAVN2) 150000 2.65 (+0.58)          Ali G: Who Iz I? - Opening Weeke (ALIG2.OW) 49900 4.46 (-0.97)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 33452 50.00 (0.00)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 12020 57.10 (-3.44)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 150000 50.00 (0.00)          Street Fighter (STFTR) 10000 69.99 (-0.98)          Saw XI aka Saw 11 (SAW11) 150000 20.33 (-0.08)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 26492 57.10 (-3.44)          Jay Duplass (JDUPL) 25000 14.12 (+0.10)          Lilo & Stitch 2 (LILS2) 6000 284.37 (+0.48)          Attack the Block 2 (ATBL2) 150000 0.01 (-0.01)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 63484 50.00 (0.00)          Ray Gunn (RAYGN) 150000 3.34 (-0.06)          Ali G: Who Iz I? (ALIG2) 150000 10.38 (-3.74)          Pirates of the Caribbean 6 (PIRT6) 150000 36.68 (-0.10)          Top Gun 3 (TOPG3) 10000 168.59 (+0.87)          Mikey Madison (MMADI) 1111 72.92 (-1.24)          Dichen Lachman (DLACH) 25000 107.55 (-0.34)          Game of Thrones: Aegon’s Conqu (GOTAC) 19339 137.09 (+1.04)          Mike Myers (MMYER) 97 45.39 (0.00)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 150000 57.10 (-3.44)          Other Mommy (IATHS) 150000 57.10 (-3.44)          Ali G: Who Iz I? (ALIG2) 150000 10.38 (-3.74)          Will Smith (WSMIT) 999 104.93 (+0.01)          Charlie vs. The Chocolate Factor (CVTCF) 150000 50.00 (0.00)          Fear the Reaper (FREPR) 150000 14.49 (+4.49)          Mary J. Blige (MJBLI) 1000 16.66 (-0.10)          Ali G: Who Iz I? (ALIG2) 150000 10.38 (-3.74)