HSX Forum
Movies
Variety: EXPENDABLES 4 could have used a SAG-AFTRA promotional waiver, only $15 million opening weekend expected.
Posted by: notfabio on Sep 20, 10:12
Variety: EXPENDABLES 4 could have used a SAG-AFTRA promotional waiver, only $15 million opening weekend expected.
notfabio
Sep 20, 10:12
Shawn at Box Office Pro going even lower with $11.7 million
TheWeekendWarrior
Sep 20, 10:44
I figure they projected a bump if cast promoted it was less than it would cost in extra marketing/holding costs to 2024.
notfabio
Sep 20, 11:01
Where does it say they could've used waiver and didn't?
{nm}
Antibody
Sep 20, 11:14
Could have used to improve box office chances comment, not that it was an option. Though it has been on some Lionsgate titles.
{nm}
notfabio
Sep 20, 11:19
15.8M was what the last one did with press, so 15M is great.
{nm}
Antibody
Sep 20, 11:36
DL: $15M-$17M.
Antibody
Sep 20, 11:59
This is going to be another example like MBFGW3 and Haunting that when no one cares enough to go see a sequel... don't make another sequel.
TheWeekendWarrior
Sep 20, 12:14
One thing going for it is it's rated R again like the frst two films.
{nm}
Antibody
Sep 20, 12:37
I haven't seen it, nor do I think I will, but MEG2 was probably helped by being PG-13.
{nm}
TheWeekendWarrior
Sep 20, 12:41
all of these franchises are still viable due to home ent. I think its great they are getting a theatrical release for the overall ecosystem
{nm}
Moviesnob
Sep 20, 12:47