Honestly, I was gobsmacked by this. I'd really been looking forward to seeing it in the theater, and to walk away loving it far, far more than I ever anticipated is a great feeling.
That movie's got it all. That's how you make an "action" movie right there. The set pieces are unforgettable to me. And the story itself does an effective job of showing how difficult it was for Japan when the war ended. It's a real fright, and it's shown in powerful ways.
One of the most surprising screenings I've attended since the pandemic. The theater, in north OC, was jam packed. And the movie held complete sway over the audience; i mean everyone in there was just riveted, all the way to that final shot that the audience just knew was coming. Beautiful; it hits every note just right.
Congratulations to Mr. Yamazaki and that whole team. Impressive work.