HSX Forum

Movies

I dont think post track or cinemascore will be friendly {nm}

Posted by: Moviesnob on Apr 12, 09:46 in response to TheWeekendWarrior's post I mean, the fact this might make under $25m in 3,500...

Sources saying $2.9m Thursday for Civil War {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 08:44

This includes those Monday previews (I believe)... so might have to adjust my projection. {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 08:49

Yeah that does dramatically change things, and that 21-25 range is probably more likely. {nm} notfabio Apr 12, 08:59

But Jatinder's range should go below 20 if you use his mutiplier. {nm} Antibody Apr 12, 09:08

i'm presuming he's expecting the typical A24 marketing bait and switch negative reaction by general audiences, which I suppose is possible {nm} notfabio Apr 12, 09:10

Its not the action film they are promoting, but they frequently are able to reverse the typical bait and switch reaction b/c there will be a Moviesnob Apr 12, 09:30

I mean, the fact this might make under $25m in 3,500 theaters is already showing that. {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 09:35

I dont think post track or cinemascore will be friendly Moviesnob Apr 12, 09:46

FYI, I have not seen Civil War yet. Gonna do IMAX early tomorrow morning. TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 10:04

Nice. Actually, will be in NYC tomorrow. 6am flight from LAX tho so kill me {nm} Moviesnob Apr 12, 10:28

Slowly but surely we're all invading WW's turf! ;) {nm} notfabio Apr 12, 10:33

Start spreading the news... {nm} Moviesnob Apr 12, 10:35

How long are you in town for? If you're around Sunday, I'm going to MOMI in Astoria where they're showing Fargo with Carter Burwell. {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 13:29

The more the merrier... weekend visitors should come downtown to my hood cause I hate public transportation on weekends :) {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 13:47

Using the mult I projected below, that would make it $21.542857142857143 according to my calculator. TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 09:22





Post a Reply

To post to the forums you must first login!


Daniel and The Fiery Furnace (DANIL) 150000 8.21 (+0.04)          Ocean's 14 (OCEN6) 18549 80.19 (-0.71)          The Families Stone (FAMS2) 20000 47.77 (+4.21)          The Families Stone (FAMS2) 150000 47.77 (+4.21)          Sleepover (SLEPO) 150000 23.28 (-0.02)          Lee Pace (LPACE) 25000 74.87 (-0.25)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 25000 101.56 (+7.19)          Lee Pace (LPACE) 25000 74.87 (-0.25)          Joey King (JOKIN) 25000 94.13 (+0.25)          One Italian Summer (1ITAS) 25000 25.00 (0.00)          Practical Magic 2 (PRAC2) 150000 65.45 (-0.18)          Digger (DIGER) 150000 61.37 (+2.35)          Tom and Jerry: Forbidden Compass (TMJR2) 100000 0.80 (-0.07)          One Italian Summer (1ITAS) 100000 25.00 (0.00)          Falling (FLLNG) 150000 1.00 (0.00)          Jane Levy (JLEVY) 25000 16.52 (+1.52)          One Italian Summer (1ITAS) 150000 25.00 (0.00)          Horsegirls (HRSGR) 150000 0.02 (0.00)          Perfect (PFECT) 150000 0.09 (+0.06)          Assisted Living (ASLIV) 150000 0.12 (+0.01)          King Spawn (SPWN2) 150000 0.14 (+0.12)          Here Comes the Flood (HCTFL) 150000 0.08 (+0.04)          The Great Emu War (GEMUW) 150000 0.09 (+0.02)          Fruitcake (FRUTC) 150000 0.09 (+0.01)          Evil Genius (EVILG) 10000 4.70 (-0.04)          Evil Genius (EVILG) 10000 4.70 (-0.04)          Peaked (PEAKD) 10000 9.96 (-0.07)          Peaked (PEAKD) 10000 9.96 (-0.07)          One Italian Summer (1ITAS) 100000 25.00 (0.00)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 149990 101.56 (+7.19)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 149990 101.56 (+7.19)          How To Rob A Bank (HTRAB) 150000 58.72 (-2.24)          How To Rob A Bank (HTRAB) 150000 58.72 (-2.24)          Falling (FLLNG) 60000 1.00 (0.00)          Rose (ROSE) 30 1.17 (+0.12)          Digger (DIGER) 150000 61.37 (+2.35)          Ocean's 14 (OCEN6) 150000 80.19 (-0.71)          Runner (RUNNR) 100000 15.27 (-0.04)          Lizard Music (LZMUS) 150000 19.26 (-0.38)          Lizard Music (LZMUS) 1 19.26 (-0.38)          King Conan (CONA2) 1 63.80 (-0.77)          King Conan (CONA2) 1 63.80 (-0.77)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 3 18.45 (-0.83)          Beware Boiuna (BOUNA) 3 18.45 (-0.83)          Falling (FLLNG) 150000 1.00 (0.00)          The Surgeon (SURGN) 2 8.98 (-0.90)          The Surgeon (SURGN) 2 8.98 (-0.90)          Ocean's 14 (OCEN6) 1 80.19 (-0.71)          One Italian Summer (1ITAS) 150000 25.00 (0.00)          Ocean's 14 (OCEN6) 1 80.19 (-0.71)