HSX Forum

Movies

Page 611 of 6181 Go to page Go < Previous | Next >

Challengers is currently 96% RT from 56. Take that, Zendaya haters! {nm} Qix Apr 13, 23:27

GraceRandolph: TransformersOne trailer next week, Dead3 new trailer in May notfabio Apr 13, 20:04

Lee Daniels horror (??) film for Netflix is test screening in Del Amo notfabio Apr 13, 16:42

DLVRN {nm} Antibody Apr 14, 07:36

There was talk a few days ago about OWILD getting attached to a new project, but I don't recall it being named: "Avengelyne". (IPO needed) Rocket Apr 13, 11:04

Another comic book based movie. {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 13, 11:42

We could go on and on if you want to discuss thelack of imagination in movie making (writ large) today. Comics, reboots and sequels galore. {nm} Rocket Apr 13, 12:54

Comics don't show a lack of imagination... it takes imagination to make them. TheWeekendWarrior Apr 13, 13:26

...and the movies that copy them? {nm} Rocket Apr 13, 16:12

You find source material wherever it's available. TheWeekendWarrior Apr 14, 01:33

The comics may not but the adaptations of them frequently lack good imagination. DTravel Apr 13, 16:13

Yes, it's at least slightly more likely to get made than Spider-Woman will at this point. {nm} notfabio Apr 13, 13:52

Don't doubt Sony's desire to throw money away. {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 13, 13:53

but I'd go SEE a Spider-woman movie {nm} Rishoutfield Apr 13, 16:07

Id go see one with a good story! {nm} Moviesnob Apr 13, 19:35

TMOUW early screenings tonight budice Apr 13, 09:51

DL: TLNGM $638K Friday, STNG $487K Friday, ARCAD $202K Friday Antibody Apr 13, 07:48

CURIOUS TO SEE WHAT NET % GAINS EVERYONE HAS FOR MONOPOLY. MY NET IS 32,150%. I BOUGHT @4 CENTS A SHARE. THANKS FOR YOUR FEEDBACK! {nm} fuzzywuzzyz Apr 13, 07:09

I don't have a high % ATM, but from longing and shorting since 2011, I have made $6,499,125.64 . Rocket Apr 13, 07:43

THANKS! fuzzywuzzyz Apr 13, 08:09

Got in at 59 cents, so, plus 2,000 percent {nm} Kevman66 Apr 13, 09:27

BEET2 is my champ right now (33,591.67%) (at 48 cents) MNKYM is runner up at 12 cents (20,408.33% {nm} notfabio Apr 13, 13:55

whoops, I just bought it now {nm} Rishoutfield Apr 13, 16:08

BOR: Civil War $10.82m Friday in 3,838 theaters (thanks for the early #s A24!) TheWeekendWarrior Apr 13, 06:56

...including previews {nm} Rocket Apr 13, 07:20

Civil War Cinemascore B- (at least it's not a C!) TheWeekendWarrior Apr 13, 00:57

NOOOOOOO Those trailers were amazing. We get in my country until MAY had really hich hopes {nm} cinebello Apr 13, 06:50

"high" {nm} cinebello Apr 13, 06:50

I'm going to see it now. Will report back though my tastes often differ from moviegoers AND other critics :) {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 13, 06:51

I think it's worth the wait... not quite sure what people were expecting, but I think it builds nicely to a terrific last act. {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 13, 13:43

Jatinder: Looks like $7M+ FRI for #CivilWar, giving it $10.5M opening day. (sticking with $3.5M instead of $2.9M) Antibody Apr 12, 20:50

RIP Eleanor Coppola {nm} co-bro Apr 12, 18:52

Dang! Married for 60 years! {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 22:30

DRPK: Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, and Glenn Powell passed on the third lead. Nicholas Hoult also has an offer for JURA7 Antibody Apr 12, 16:56

What about Chris Pine? {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 17:01

is it a Jeff Goldblum slot? someone more nerdy like Daniel Radcliffe {nm} co-bro Apr 12, 17:14

Wouldn't that normally be Dev Patel's role? {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 17:24

First time in a while where I totally spaced on changing my position on the openers based on Thurday previews TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 15:49

Obviously Austin is gonna be a good market for it.. but I'm impressed by the ticket sales I'm seeing glancing at shows over the weekend MiyazakiFan Apr 12, 17:21

DL: DTMBD 600+ may not be HSX wide, TLNGM 1050, STNG 975, SQTCH 800 next week Antibody Apr 12, 13:37

Gonna be interesting to see where these (and Arcadian) end up and if any of them break into the top 10 TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 13:42

THR: Civil War is tracking to open north of $20 million, although one leading tracking service has a $19 million to $20 million Antibody Apr 12, 09:38

DL says 3800 theaters. Is ARCAD really IFC? Not on their website. Antibody Apr 12, 09:47

the three companies under the AMC umbrella all go out theatrically via IFC {nm} Moviesnob Apr 12, 09:54

Good to good. gonna have to IPO al RLJE if they go wide and report. {nm} Antibody Apr 12, 10:00

I was told and posted the 3800 # earlier in the week. The Long Game is "OVER 1,000 THEATERS NATIONWIDE ON APRIL 12, 2024" TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 09:54

Side note, they confirm the 2.9 million # but do not specify the Monday #, so could be MISS7 style shenanigans to explain Jatinder being off notfabio Apr 12, 10:27

CHALN Early Access Screening Tix now On Sale for 4/22 budice Apr 12, 08:51

May have to do this since I've had no luck fitting a press screening into my schedule :( {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 09:07

Glad you posted this... the NYC screening near me is nearly sold out but I did get a seat just in case. {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 09:09

Sources saying $2.9m Thursday for Civil War {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 08:44

This includes those Monday previews (I believe)... so might have to adjust my projection. {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 08:49

Yeah that does dramatically change things, and that 21-25 range is probably more likely. {nm} notfabio Apr 12, 08:59

But Jatinder's range should go below 20 if you use his mutiplier. {nm} Antibody Apr 12, 09:08

i'm presuming he's expecting the typical A24 marketing bait and switch negative reaction by general audiences, which I suppose is possible {nm} notfabio Apr 12, 09:10

Its not the action film they are promoting, but they frequently are able to reverse the typical bait and switch reaction b/c there will be a Moviesnob Apr 12, 09:30

I mean, the fact this might make under $25m in 3,500 theaters is already showing that. {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 09:35

I dont think post track or cinemascore will be friendly {nm} Moviesnob Apr 12, 09:46

FYI, I have not seen Civil War yet. Gonna do IMAX early tomorrow morning. TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 10:04

Nice. Actually, will be in NYC tomorrow. 6am flight from LAX tho so kill me {nm} Moviesnob Apr 12, 10:28

Slowly but surely we're all invading WW's turf! ;) {nm} notfabio Apr 12, 10:33

Start spreading the news... {nm} Moviesnob Apr 12, 10:35

How long are you in town for? If you're around Sunday, I'm going to MOMI in Astoria where they're showing Fargo with Carter Burwell. {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 13:29

The more the merrier... weekend visitors should come downtown to my hood cause I hate public transportation on weekends :) {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 13:47

Using the mult I projected below, that would make it $21.542857142857143 according to my calculator. TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 09:22

DL: Sofia Boutella, Giacomo Gianniotti, Jonno Davies, and Laura Morante join untitled Peter Greenaway [LUCAM] Antibody Apr 12, 06:04

How did I miss that there's a Peter Greenaway movie in production and it's on HSX?!? {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 06:06

TN: Theater Count Estimates; Civil War (CVLWR) 3500, and a couple of unexpected HSX wide: Sting (STNG) 900, Arcadian (ARCAD) 1100 WorkinMan Apr 12, 02:33

Jatinder: Looks like $3.5M previews for #CivilWar. Antibody Apr 11, 22:51

Wow {nm} Moviesnob Apr 12, 01:34

TrumpTrain! :) But seriously, I was expecting a lot more buzz than there is out there, but good for A24 to have a hit. {nm} notfabio Apr 12, 07:38

That and I would be very surprised if his 21-25 million range is right, 25+ would seem to be the floor, maybe 30+? {nm} notfabio Apr 12, 07:43

I'm going with $26m based on his number (that's my projection) {nm} TheWeekendWarrior Apr 12, 08:11



Page 611 of 6181 Go to page Go < Previous | Next >



Post a New Topic

To post to the forums you must first login!


Rode to Ruin (RODTR) 150000 12.78 (+1.10)          Tom Rhys Harries (TRHAR) 100 20.48 (-0.25)          Rode to Ruin (RODTR) 150000 12.78 (+1.10)          Tom Rhys Harries (TRHAR) 100 20.48 (-0.25)          Dominic Sessa (DSESS) 100 23.02 (-0.37)          Dominic Sessa (DSESS) 100 23.02 (-0.37)          Copperhead (COPRH) 20000 18.19 (-0.08)          Falling (FLLNG) 11001 1.00 (0.00)          One Italian Summer (1ITAS) 150000 25.00 (0.00)          Charlie Harper (CHARP) 150000 1.81 (-0.34)          One Italian Summer (1ITAS) 25025 25.00 (0.00)          Forgotten Island (FRGIS) 8000 39.01 (-1.27)          Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (li (TMNT5) 150000 74.49 (+0.97)          Day Drinker (DRNKR) 67000 19.38 (+0.19)          One Italian Summer (1ITAS) 150000 25.00 (0.00)          Not Alone (NTALN) 18000 129.83 (+0.37)          Lizard Music (LZMUS) 100 19.26 (-0.38)          Focker In-Law (MPRN4) 34000 126.92 (+0.96)          Lizard Music (LZMUS) 100 19.26 (-0.38)          Josephine Baker (JSPBK) 1000 2.30 (+0.13)          Josephine Baker (JSPBK) 1000 2.30 (+0.13)          Falling (FLLNG) 1000 1.00 (0.00)          Dune: Part Three (DUNE3) 60000 263.27 (+0.79)          One Italian Summer (1ITAS) 100 25.00 (0.00)          4 x 4: The Event (4X4TE) 1000 8.56 (-0.59)          4 x 4: The Event (4X4TE) 1000 8.56 (-0.59)          The Families Stone (FAMS2) 35000 47.64 (+4.08)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 150000 101.55 (+7.18)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 4747 101.55 (+7.18)          The Families Stone (FAMS2) 49738 47.64 (+4.08)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 5 101.55 (+7.18)          The Social Reckoning (SOCI2) 75000 45.75 (-0.66)          Adria Arjona (AARJO) 3887 11.45 (+0.01)          King Spawn (SPWN2) 25000 0.13 (+0.11)          King Spawn (SPWN2) 25000 0.13 (+0.11)          Star Wars: Episode X (STRW1) 150000 101.55 (+7.18)          The Housemaid's Secret (HMAI2) 22888 96.22 (+0.19)          Falling (FLLNG) 150000 1.00 (0.00)          Ghost of Tsushima (GOTSU) 25000 8.39 (+0.05)          One Italian Summer (1ITAS) 150000 25.00 (0.00)          Ghost of Tsushima (GOTSU) 25000 8.39 (+0.05)          Ghost of Tsushima (GOTSU) 25000 8.39 (+0.05)          Gears of War (GEARS) 25000 0.50 (0.00)          Starman (STARM) 45000 14.20 (+0.28)          How To Rob A Bank (HTRAB) 150000 58.72 (-2.24)          Deathstroke & Bane (DSTRK) 793 36.31 (-0.01)          Gears of War (GEARS) 25000 0.50 (0.00)          Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & (FFHS2) 150000 15.46 (-0.06)          Watch Dogs (WTDOG) 25000 7.41 (-0.04)          Brie Larson (BLARS) 13326 120.35 (+0.90)