DL: Looks like a SAG's response wasn't a dealbreaker, looking to meet with AMPTP today virtually, talks may go into the night. Nov 06, 14:59
they're running out of time before **** has to actually start shooting again (never mind promo for stuff on the sked) {nm} Nov 06, 15:39
I'm aware. If the studios actually care, they wouldn't pull a stunt like that. {nm} Nov 06, 15:42
I mean, what is the *actual* deadline? First it was Halloween, then it was end of last week. {nm} Nov 06, 15:45
It's more of a TV issue than a film issue as TV has to spread production start up costs across episodes. Nov 06, 15:57
Right, which is why I said those previously stated deadlines were scare tactics and not hard facts. {nm} Nov 06, 16:12
Dune 2 shoulda opened this weekend. they would rather bust the unions if they possibly could {nm} Nov 06, 16:24
It's a lesser issue for films beyond release dates and talent availability, but some renewal reversals already happened. Nov 06, 16:26
Right, forgot about renewal reversals. {nm} Nov 06, 16:28
I think whatever series the studios have large stakes in are safe, unless I missed some. {nm} Nov 06, 16:36
Formal SAG comments, "several essential items" that we do not have an agreement on including AI Nov 06, 15:40
(the actors on twitter are *pissed* tonight. like burn down the studios pissed) {nm} Nov 07, 00:39
IGN: The Army of the Dead animated spin-off series is dead. Army of the Dead and Rebel Moon are shared universe. Nov 06, 14:08
DL: The Longest Yard to be remade (again) by Paramount. Nov 06, 12:42
So will ASAND play Nate Scarborough? {nm} Nov 06, 12:52
3 decade wait for remake's become < 2 decades. Next (4th) one will be in 2034 {nm} Nov 06, 13:05
Variety: SAG has submitted its crafted over 12 hours on Sunday response to the studios. Nov 06, 12:16
AMPTP should just respond "TLDR" {nm} Nov 06, 14:38
Variety: New Peanuts animated feature film will begin production in 2024 for Apple ( release at soonest. First look image. Nov 06, 12:12
Probably 2025-2026 release at soonest. {nm} Nov 06, 12:12
LuisFernando: WISH 11/18 Saturday Sneaks went on sale today. Nov 06, 11:12
I actually got a ticket for this last week. {nm} Nov 06, 11:31
Bloomberg (Lucas Shaw): Less than 5% of Netflix 2022 releases would earn the WGA negotiated performance bonus. Nov 06, 11:07
it was always gonna be a starting point for future contracts as the guild gathers more data Nov 06, 11:12
My worry with that thinking is assuming the guilds will be able to hold the line better than they did with the last strike Nov 06, 13:24
i'm guessing they would have had to give up other gains they secured to get a better % here (which admittedly isn't great) Nov 06, 13:50
DL: Paramount gets double-downgrade on stock outlook (BofA Analyst who went had a $32 share price target reduced to $9) Nov 06, 10:49
tho apparently that $32 number was predicated on Paramount being willing to sell off everything for parts {nm} Nov 06, 11:19
MyTimeToShine: May just be engagement bait, but Feige is considering leaving Marvel after Secret Wars for Lucasfilm. Nov 06, 10:02
Nearly everyone (MCU and Fox) is coming back for Secret Wars. There's no way to go but down after. {nm} Nov 06, 10:27
Only major event left for a bit after will be the Marvel vs DC film if Gunn/Disney can work it out. Nov 06, 10:44
Feige hands his ballcap to Iman Vellani {nm} Nov 06, 10:55
I nominate Jon Favreau {nm} Nov 06, 11:53
Wasn't he the one who started the whole mess with Iron Man? {nm} Nov 06, 12:15
"Oppenheimer," Haha {nm} Nov 06, 09:53
And truly something. This year's Oscar "Best Director" race will be historic. Nolan vs. Scott vs. Scorsese {nm} Nov 06, 09:59
Vs Cooper vs Gerwig {nm} Nov 06, 10:53
Have you seen Maestro yet? Nov 06, 10:00
I have not.. That the "dark horse" you feel? {nm} Nov 06, 10:00
It's my #1 movie of the year and I liked both Oppenheimer and Killers. Nov 06, 10:02
Then I definitely need to see it now. I value your expertise, a lot actually {nm} Nov 06, 10:03
I'd be surprised if it was less than 300, but 600ish is probably the max. {nm} Nov 06, 10:45
Bleecker Street is releasing [INAPB] Nov 06, 09:25
I believe the Dirrctor's cut will go to theaters. {nm} Nov 06, 09:20
That would be backwards as it would longer. {nm} Nov 06, 09:36
Based on the novel Push by Sapphire {nm} Nov 06, 10:29
Napoleon advance tickets ae on sale, only showing 1 to a max 3x a day in IMAX for opening week in LA area. Nov 06, 09:05
I couldn't find any specified 70mm engagements in LA. {nm} Nov 06, 09:21
Snagged our 70mm tickets for Austin. I do find his lack of accent somewhat odd but I'm sure the film will be fantastic. Nov 06, 09:22
Another warning sign "Final" week of release The Marvels trailer debuts tonight during MNF Nov 06, 09:02
Why is this a warning sign? Tracking isn't great, which means awareness is low. This is how you raise awareness. {nm} Nov 06, 09:28
Fingernails (B+), Neither Confirm Nor Deny (B-), A Haunting in Venice (B), The Miracle Club (B-) {nm} Nov 06, 10:13
Trolls 3 (B-) {nm} Nov 06, 12:35
Trailer for The Family Plan - a Netflixesque film on Apple Nov 06, 06:18
Trust Me Bro: Tarantino is getting film prints of BARBIE, ELVIS and HAND OF GOD for the opening weekend of The Vista. Nov 05, 19:54
As Co-Bro posted, the oficial website updated, November 17th is the official opening date. Nov 05, 20:02
I can't figure out fourth film. {nm} Nov 05, 20:09
Kind of looks like The Fountain poster Nov 05, 20:34
ViewerAnon : THE HUNGER GAMES is selling better than THE MARVELS based on the ticket sales I've seen https:// Nov 05, 19:13
W: Critics Say ‘Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes’ Is ‘Magnificent, Gritty and Complex' Nov 06, 03:39
These are the LOLOMGWTF reax. Real critics don't tweet before their review. {nm} Nov 06, 05:57
I'll be shocked if it's over 50% on RT {nm} Nov 06, 06:48
THR: When THE MARVELS bombs, you can blame it on them having to do a Cat Junket for it. Nov 05, 16:18
I shorted it the moment I saw the trailer. Nov 05, 18:19