People were generally upbeat and joyful regarding the failure of the Indiana Jones movie. Far more put downs, far more negatives.
WWAAYYY More.
This movie is tanking just as hard. The performance during the opening frame fis a complete failure compared to all of the estimates. Everybody was frigging way off on what this movie was going to do.
Kid gloves for it apparently.
Is it because of that mediocre Top Gun sequel making so much cash? Was that supposed to mean something emotionally?
There were alot of people, both around here and in box office forecast land, who were comparing the upcoming performance of this film to that Top Gun sequel, which was a complete joke when you looked at how all of these MI movies have done, compared to that sequel.
Still, Cruise gets a pass. Ok.
I like Cruise very much. I'm going to go see this movie and I expect it to be fantastic on the biggest screen in the OC.
But I guess the lesson learned here is, people obviously dislike Ford alot more than Cruise.